What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: bought one, soon will spend more!  (Read 2944 times)

gw

• sundance cameo owner
bought one, soon will spend more!
« on: March 22, 2006, 08:57:51 pm »
after wet testing the sundance cameo (about the 8th tub i tested), wife and i bought it.  good fit for both of us.   05 model for $7995.  i'm pleased, based on what i've read here.

will take delivery in couple of weeks after electrician, etc.

wife wants to decorate/accessorize the patio now with lights, fire place (chimines?) towel rack, etc.  any ideas and or direction to web sites for all that?

thanks to all.

Hot Tub Forum

bought one, soon will spend more!
« on: March 22, 2006, 08:57:51 pm »

anne

Re: bought one, soon will spend more!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 12:04:40 am »
Low voltage lights are easy to install- maybe a few decorative ones around a deck or patio, a pond or fountain.....a fire pit or one of those gourd shaped portable fireplaces, perhaps a pergola (hehehe) around one side of the tub with a modified towel rack as part of one of the legs.......
Dance like nobody's watching

Snyper

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 12:13:15 am »
Congrats.

Be careful with the firepit thing, nothing worse than ashes in your new hot tub!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 07:29:57 am »
For chimenea I bought cast aluminum one on-line from "the blue rooster". I bought this type because I put it on a deck and didn't want a clay one to possibly crack with the weather AND didn't want to cover it with a black plastic bag.

Low voltage lights are nice but watch the wattage if you want to soak in the dark. I picked up 4 post cap lights with 18 watt bulbs and it is bright out there on the deck now. There's a lot of on-line resources and even HD or Lowes. You can spend $15 or $150 depending on what you want/like. My advice is to buy a bigger transformer than what you need now since you don't know where you're going in the future ...

Doc sells spa accessories (rhtubs.com). His prices are good and he has great customer service.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 07:39:50 am »
Congrats.

Be careful with the firepit thing, nothing worse than ashes in your new hot tub!

Or as I found out from my daughters idiot former boyfriend-ashes falling on the cover can still be warm enough to melt.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 08:51:37 am »
I picked up some nice copper Tiki Torches off the net...

http://www.buytikitorches.com/home.php  

of course these might not be the best idea if you have small children or are accident prone.  ::)  Don't forget about the blowing smoke into the neigbors yard.

Fire pits are great for a backyard, if you have the appropriate space. I wouldn't put one on a deck or as others have mentioned to close to the tub, but they can work into the overall yard.

http://www.comforthouse.com/buyfirepit.html

If an natural flame is not appropriate,  I've seen several very nice high end propane fire pits.  

Don't forget the music:

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=outdoor_subcategory

And of course, outdoor furniture,  tables, benches, planters and such.

The biggest thing I personaly would like to do, but haven't gotten a handle on is landscaping with shrubs and such.

Good luck! Have fun! and let us know what you decide to do!

:D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 09:08:18 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 08:51:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42