What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cashable Vouchers - Consumer Trust  (Read 11092 times)

spatexport

• Am I crazy, or is it just me?
Re: Cashable Vouchers - Consumer Trust
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 11:57:34 am »
Here's another program that serves as proof that, "If it sounds to good to be true,...":

http:// http://www.cashbackamerica.com/

And here is it's nemesis:

http:// http://www.cashbackamericasucks.com/ ]

And more on the oxymoronical "Consumers Trust":

http:// http://www.spock.usshurdman.com/~van/commonreport.html?bid=1161778
http://
http://www.kansascity.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=11020628

If consumers indeed did trust, then the nefarious promoters of these "so-called" cash-back vouchers may unfortunately slither away unscathed.  Hope not.

For your own sake, do not use these programs.  Consumer, do not trust.  Do your homework.

CAVEAT EMPTOR
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 12:09:37 pm by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 11:57:34 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Salesdvl!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 03:56:09 pm »
The store where I work did this program 2 !/2 yrs ago.  The way it works is:  The dealer buys the voucher for a 15% fee of the face value.  The dealer then marks UP the price of the spa to cover the additional cost of the promotion.
The consumer must then send a copy of the voucher,  & the receipt by registered mail within a certain time frame from delivery. Within 3 days I think.  Then within 3 days of the 3 year anniversary the consumer must send a bunch of goofy things by registered mail again ( like proof of sale, proof of address etc...)  Supposedly if EVERYTHING is done EXACTLY right, the face amount of the voucher will then by sent to the customer.

The money to fund the pay outs comes from the tremendous amount of money that accumulates in the trust fund from people that either miss the deadline or somehow don't do everything right.  The deal is BRUTALLY specific.  You either make it or you don't.  

We ran the deal for 1 month and sold ALOT of spas.  The 3rd anniversary is coming up this fall so we'll see if anyone shows up at the store blaming us because they didnt get their money back.  ( actually I won't be here but I'll hear about it I'm sure)

Did anyone get their money back?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Salesdvl!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 04:02:29 pm »

Terminator

Polar spas appeared on the market roughly 2 years ago locally. They offered a cash voucher program. Ads looked like this:

Price :                       $17,000
Discount:                    $6,000
Voucher Rebates:       $6,000
Final Price:                  $5,000
You SAVE:                 $12,000

Well the vouchers became due just recently. Unfortunately, Polar spa has gone bankrupt. All of the suckers customers that purchased these tubs did not get their rebates and now have no warranty.

Luckily for the spa market around here, those fellas that were dealing those spas are now flogging Dynasty and doing the home show circuit around here  ???
Homeworks Financing Representative

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 04:30:16 pm »
Luckily for the spa market around here, those fellas that were dealing those spas are now flogging Dynasty and doing the home show circuit around here  ???

I just have to say:  There are some damn dirtbags in the spa business. >:(  A crying shame that some of these buttburglers taint the industry as a whole.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 04:59:43 pm »
Polar spas appeared on the market roughly 2 years ago locally. They offered a cash voucher program. Ads looked like this:

Price :                       $17,000
Discount:                    $6,000
Voucher Rebates:       $6,000
Final Price:                  $5,000
You SAVE:                 $12,000

Well the vouchers became due just recently. Unfortunately, Polar spa has gone bankrupt. All of the suckers customers that purchased these tubs did not get their rebates and now have no warranty.

I heard this last year but as far as I can tell, all stores are still operating as Polar Spas. Are you expecting them to operate under the same name there?

This will be year 3 here in Edmonton for Polar as consumers are due for their "refunds". I'm curious to see how our murder rate increases... ;)

Steve

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 05:33:54 pm »
Interesting. So Polar is still in business? They were advertising a big going out of business factory clearout here a few months ago.

Term, you said it!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 05:38:59 pm »
OK. So I just went on the Polar Spas site. They show 5 stores, 1 in BC, 2 in Alberta and 1 in Mississauga.

So I click on the Mississauga store. They have a 1-800 # (good, the boss won't get mad at me for running up the bill) I dial. Ring Ring. "Dynasty Spas"

So, how inept is the marketing team at Polar? Its not like they are managing a dealer locator of hundreds of dealers. There are 54 dealers. I would want my website linking to a competitors ??? :P

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 06:44:23 pm »
Interesting...I just called the local store and asked if they are still selling Dynasty and Polar. He said yes and when I said that I heard Polar was out of business, he said that was never the case.

I went to the main Polar site and called the number in Crossfield Alberta listed on the site. It's still functional though they closed at 4:30... ::)

Mailing Address:   809 McCool St.   Crossfield, AB. Canada   TOM OSO   Phone Number:   (403) 946-3911

Hmmmmmmm ???

fletch49

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 07:47:03 pm »
BUT...I just saw an ad in a Toronto paper that the Mississauga Polar Spa's is having a 'going out of business sale'?

Games...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 07:54:32 pm »
Is it the manufacturer or just the individual dealer? I'm guessing the latter.

Steve

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 07:59:16 pm »
wouldn't it be nice if the local markets that they swamped with sales because of the rebates offered suddenly had "reminder advertising" geared toward the customers? You know:
"Your 3 year wait is almost up, don't forget to dig out your receipts for your hot tub and get your several thousand dollar rebate!"
;D
RIP C-Rod

salesdvl

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 08:15:39 pm »

Terminator

I dont know.
Measure once, cut twice.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2006, 08:39:54 am »
Maybe I'm out to lunch here, but if you have an extra 10k kicking around to buy something as nonessential as a Spa, you've likely  made a few wise financial decisions in life...

As well, it's gotta take a fairly slippery sales guy to push a product like that. Which is what put my flag up.

You would think that wouldn't you?  But the fact is many people get scammed every year.

However you bring up an interesting point of "hottubs as a status symbol"

The fact that someone has a $10,000 hottub is no indication if they are $$ wise.    It actually could be an indication of just the opposite.  ::)

Think what a boat, timeshare, car, jetski, pools cost, or even the familly that spends $50,000.00 on an SUV when an $18000 one would do just as well.   A hot tub can be considerably less.  Do you think the guy down the road  with the used bowrider boat or the  2nd hand motorcycle is a fiancial whiz?

Hot tubs seem to have some status symbol attatched to them, but I think as more and more tubs are sold, you find that they are becoming quite common place and are no longer exclusively an indulgence of the wealthy.

I know return you  to your regualry schedule rant.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:40:49 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 12:20:21 pm »
BUT...I just saw an ad in a Toronto paper that the Mississauga Polar Spa's is having a 'going out of business sale'?

Games...

So I guess the Mississauga store advertised going out of business..then they retained the phone # and staff and started selling Dynasty...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 12:20:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42