What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How is the Price?  (Read 6411 times)

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
How is the Price?
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:45:03 am »
I am most likely going to be pruchasing a Catalina Santa Cruz which is the 2006 brand new model and it is the 8x8 tub with lounger and 5 seats. There are no photos yet that I can find, even catalog is not updated yet.
The tub will have stainless jets, Misters, Fiber optics, aromatherapy, Ozone, Kenwood or sony stereo with subwoofer and amp, 5inch to 3inch cover with lift, stairs, synthetic siding, 2 inch plastic tub pad to set the tub on comes in 6 pieces,and the tub has waterfall. also getting full 5yr 100% warranty instead of prorated which catalina does. Stereo also has the top side remote as well.
$7500.00- Good deal?
Any input on price would great help, just want to know if this is proper price for the tub,thanks.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 09:12:15 am by blakley33 »

Hot Tub Forum

How is the Price?
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:45:03 am »

blakley33

Re: How is the Price?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 02:03:09 am »
This site seems very informative and I am very suprised that out of 145 reads to this question I did not get any info.
New to this site. Is this just not a correct question to ask or is noone familiar with this catalina spa.
I have noticed that there does not seem to be much mention of catalina on this forum and that may be the problem.
Just trying to find out about the price from people on here who obviously know a thing or two about hot tubs.
Any information would be helpful, thanks.

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 07:29:49 am »
If the Catalina is a good spa, then the deal sounds very good to me but I'm not nearly as experienced with pricing as some others here.  

We just recently purchased a Sundance Bahia that was a floor model (2005) with 5 year parts/labor warranty with stereo/cd (no subs or remote), and no water falls etc.  but with a cover lifter and we paid $5999.99 + tax and the feedback I received here was that we did "very very well" for that particular tub.  

Again, not familiar with Catalina but give these folks a chance on here as they seem to be a great bunch!  

Enjoy!
Better than I deserve...

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 07:38:07 am »
I spoke with a woman that is selling her used 2000 Catalina. She said she paid $9,000 for it six years ago.  I'm not sure which model it was, but it too had a lounger and hot seat.

How does this spa compare to other similarly equipped spas in your neck of the woods?  I'd shop around (if for no other reason than to see what the other spas feel like and cost)
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 08:13:23 am »
My guess would be that you asked the right question, but that no one can give you a definite answer, so they choose not to clutter this with a bunch of "I don't know" answers.
Catalina doesn't seem to be a much discussed brand here, not necessarily due to being a lousy tub, but (my guess) more that there aren't any Catalina dealers on here, and probably not many owners.....
Best of luck, though
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 08:53:23 am »
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 08:53:49 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

blakley33

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 11:57:11 am »
Drewstar I think the tub you have pictured is the 2005 model and is the 7x7 with around 31 or so jets. The one that I am talking about is 8x8 and is the New model santa cruz and think it is also called the raptor. all stainless jets. has 61 jets and has molded headrests on two chairs that come out over your shoulders and shoots jets on top of shoulders. The layouts are real similar though.
thanks for the help, much appriciated.

blakley33

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 12:05:45 pm »
I have been searching other tubs in my area and have not been near as happy with the tubs, price, or dealers.
HS wanted 10,000 for a 05 model that was full of water and being used for display. Not sure what the model was but was not the grande it was smaller. also looked at Cal, viking, and Caldera. Just did not seem like I was getting as much tub for the money as I am with Catalina and the Dealer with catalina made a big difference. 10 miles from my home, open 7 days a week, really made me feel like they were going to be there for any problems.
Thanks alot for the info it does help alot and this site does seem very informative and I just wish there were more people on here that were familiar with Catalina, but I still enyoy reading peoples stories and really like the photos of peoples hot tub set ups. Giving me good ideas for mine. I have to get started on mine in about 2weeks. If anyone has some more photos of their setup I would like to see some photos to help out with some ideas.
Again thanks alot.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 12:30:11 pm »
Nothing against Catalina, I just don't think they're that popular of a brand as evidenced by the lack of response you received.  Believe me, if any of the members on this forum had them, they would be discussed more frequently.  I believe Wisoki sold them for awhile and thought very highly of them.

My only experience with them was one of my competitor's carried them for 6 months, then switched to Dynasty, and is now carrying CalSpa.

I'm glad you found the spa for you and hope you enjoy it for many years to come! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Iceman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 12:56:33 pm »
There are three reviews for Catalina spas on epinions.com and three on Doc's site, rhtubs.com. Four of the six reviews had major  quality issues. Some of the reviews are pretty old, maybe their quality is better now.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 09:18:25 pm »
blakley33,
Please get a copy of the warranty, in complete, and read the fine print.  This information should tell you what you what you need to know.

If you pm me, I would be happy to give you more info.

rocket

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 09:18:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42