What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Island Spas  (Read 7317 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Island Spas
« on: October 30, 2004, 11:45:35 am »

Just came up against Island Spas for the first time. Anyone know anything about these spas? Dealers? Consumers?

HotTubMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

Island Spas
« on: October 30, 2004, 11:45:35 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Island Spas
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 11:49:12 am »
Is it the Island series by Artesian....

salesdvl

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 11:59:29 am »
I carry Artesian Island, what do you need to know.?

Great mid priced- upper price spa line.  Can be ordered in many diff jet/ pump configuration.  Has great looking multi LED lighting option. Kenwood stereo sounds good, option for 2 patio speakers on outside of cabinet.  reverse molded neck collar puts 2 jets above waterline for neck/shoulders.  3 yr warr on plubing etc..
let me know.
Measure once, cut twice.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 12:44:40 pm »
I have a deposit on the Artesian Island Grand Cayman. If I can be of help, let me know!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 01:05:49 pm »
Didn't realize Island was Artesian. Thanks for the help.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

Jason_r

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 01:39:02 pm »
Are you talking about Islander Spas?

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 07:46:51 pm »
Vinny
what did they charge you for grand cayman?? which one did you get??? (jets, 48 or 58), any options?? Did you wet test?? a lot of question, I know, I have also been looking at this model and have not had the time to go and try it out  thank for any info!!!!!! ;D

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 08:32:52 pm »
I put a deposit on the 56 jet model. I got the cover, cover lifter (Covermate III), circ pump, ozone, stainless steel rings around jets, plastic skirting, LED light (Colorscape) and steps for $6750 + tax. The price also includes delivery, starter chems and orientation.

The dealer really talked up the Island series - she thought that Artesian put out a great product line in the Island, so much so she sells more of them than the Gold or Platinum series. Apparently Artesian uses some of the components from the other higher end lines and the shell is the same on all three (I don't know about Artesian's other lower lines).

I didn't wet test the Cayman, the dealer only had the Piper Glen filled and I didn't bother - it's a whole different tub. I did dry test it and it seemed very comfortable. From what I've read on some reviews, the Island tubs are supposedly awesome!

I didn't order it yet as I'm doing the whole tub/deck/electrical project in the spring and I wanted to hold the price, she was the only one who suggested it. I was told by most dealers that the 2005 prices are definitely going up due to petroleum prices. She did inform me that the Cayman was going up about $500 at least maybe $700 (this was after I put the deposit down) and the 2005 models aren't changing.

Looking at what I got and the price I paid, I think I got a good deal. The competition, Sweetwater Bahia and Down East Windsor SE, were about $200 lower than the Cayman in my area and the Coleman 480 was $400 lower. Everything else (HS, Sundance, D1 Marquis, ...)was over my budget.

If you have any more questions, I'll try to answer them.

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 10:02:18 pm »
We bought the Island Grand Bahama (58 jets) with all the extra's, except the stereo.  We have had it for a month now, and absolutely love it.  We've used it every night for a month, and have had no trouble.  We have the ss eustacion covers, the cover lifter, went with the LED light, the permawood side curtains, instead of redwood.  We got it for $6200 including tax, delivery, and setup with 3 months of chemicals.  The store did the delivery and the owner (who happened to be the salesman, which we didn't know he was the owner) came, stayed until the tub was full of water and chemicals, and we were reasonably sure how to handle it.  The store is only 3 miles away, so they are close.  The owner also talked up the Island series as the best bang for the buck.  We couldn't agree more.

brewski

• When in doubt bathe naked!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 08:07:29 pm »
 I have an order in for the Antigua model (46 jets) of the Island series and hope that delivery will be sometime this week. I'd be glad to let you know more about it after we get it if you would like. Our price was roughly $4,850 plus tax including steps, cover lift, ozonator, start up chems, delivery and set up.

keltercpo

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 08:49:18 am »
Great prices.  I am an Artesian Dealer in Alabama.  Right now the factory is doing a special on the Antigua and Captiva with 38 jets, LED lights, Dura Wood skirts, Stainless jets, and one waterfall for $4999.  

They are a good company and usually handle warranty issues promptly.   :)

salesdvl

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004, 11:08:23 am »
The Artesian program is actually availble to dealers for a 2 week time frame and not all dealers have to participate.  We ran our 2 week sale a month ago.
Measure once, cut twice.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 07:27:18 pm »
bump from 2004

A guy can find lots of good stuff on this board.

I've been watching basketball all day. Drinking beer and smoking cigars....so who owns an Artesian Island spa?

Local dealer is running a nice sale.  I've shopped around (no wet tests yet...next step thank you very much) and they look very good for this price range.   Any owner or tester comments?
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

69_dude

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 11:08:52 pm »
I have had my Antigua for over a year now and it has been one of the best purchases I have ever made.  In my opinion, the Island Spas is by far the best valued line available.  The local HotSpring and Sundance dealers even admitted that they didn't offer anything that could compare.  Great Choice!!!

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 11:58:40 am »
 The local HotSpring and Sundance dealers even admitted that they didn't offer anything that could compare.  Great Choice!!!

Im sure thats what they said ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 11:58:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42