What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Alex water testing system  (Read 5951 times)

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
Alex water testing system
« on: March 19, 2006, 02:53:26 pm »
My dealer tested my water with the Alex system by BioGuard. The ph and clorine were pretty close to my readings. I used both the drop kit that I've used for my pool and also the test strips. The TA was 80 with alex and 140 with the drops method and strips.  Any thoughts on the accuracy of this new-fangled testing method?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 02:54:59 pm by GoBlue »
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Hot Tub Forum

Alex water testing system
« on: March 19, 2006, 02:53:26 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Alex water testing system
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 03:09:37 pm »
ALEX is the software used. Not the testing "method"

Did your dealer use a titrating and drop test or "accu" test system where a piece of paper with a sample of your water goes into a device?

I used the ALEX software for years with DPD tablets, droppers for pH and titrate testing for TA and CH. It was fairly accurate. That said, two people could use the lab with the same water and get different results. There is a certain variance that will occur due to the tester. I might think the colour matches, but Chas doesn't and thinks one or two more drops gets the right colour.

Cleanliness of the testing equipment can also influence results.
Homeworks Financing Representative

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 03:48:02 pm »
They dip a strip of paper in the water and then it goes into a device.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 04:48:58 pm »
They dip a strip of paper in the water and then it goes into a device.

OK. I have heard other regulars talk about those. I have never used one....sorry I couldnt be more help.
Homeworks Financing Representative

TattedVenus

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 06:10:41 pm »
Hi!

ALEX is the water testing software and is accurate. We have used ALEX every since I have worked at our store (10+ years). We did a trial run with the Accu-Scan system that your dealer used. Accodring to Biolab, ALEX's creator, if the test is done properly then Accu-Scan is as accurate as a person doing the test. All water tests will not turn out the same, depending on the person. It sounds to me like they did a fairly good job. Do they have a testing station where they use liquids and beakers and stirrers as well? Next time as them to do both forms of testing and you decide for yourself. :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 06:10:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42