What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J385  (Read 6987 times)

bwbski22

J385
« on: March 18, 2006, 01:06:30 pm »
I am glad i found this forum, seem great.  I have been lurking for a little while.  I bought a Colman 107 back in 1999.  served me well until last winter.  we went through two heaters, both replaced free.  Great dealer support.  my dealer has recently switched from colman to jacuzzi.  he said the quality of colman was going down.  Im looking into getting the J385.  what im looking for is the biggest jacuzzi model that has seats for the most people.  do u think this is the model from jacuzzi for me?  thanks, brad

Hot Tub Forum

J385
« on: March 18, 2006, 01:06:30 pm »

cappykat

Re: J385
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 04:23:53 pm »
Have you wet tested the J385?  Until you wet test it's hard to say what is the right tub for you.  You will know that after testing.  The J385 is a nice tub but there are a lot of others also, HS, Marquis, Sundance, D1, Artesian...I would look at those also.

Good luck.  I have a Marquis Epic and it's a wonderful hot-tub.
2005 Marquis Epic

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 04:30:40 pm »
I have no facts to form an opinion, but when has that stopped anyone.  While I know Jacuzzi and Coleman to be fine brands I'd be suspicious of his statement of Coleman quality going down hill if he is using that as a excuse for switching brands.  I own a Dynasty spa that has been a great performer and backed up by the factory and my dealer up until they attempted to switch Royal Spas before being closed down. They are now under investigation by the city where the store was.

Let me clarify that  :)  The dealer is gone, but Dynasty continues  to provide great support.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 04:31:51 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 04:41:24 pm »
Have you looked at the Artesian brand?  They have a line called Island Spas.  The Island Spa Bimini is a LARGE tub.  It is 11 feet long and almost 8 feet wide.  

As the site describes, it is two spas in one.  Two loungers and six other seats.  My local dealer had this listed at just under $9,000.  I say they don't sell too many of these, and I'd bet they'd cut a deal on it.  I've seen smaller swimming pools.  :D

I do not own one of these, I'm just responding to your comment about looking for a large spa.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

bwbski22

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 04:46:04 pm »
Yes i have been in the j385 a few times.  it is bigger then my current colman.  I have enjoyed my colman for many years.  it was on my deck at my ski house in vermont.  we just knocked down the old house, and built a new house.  the house is almost complete.  with the entire house being new, and having two heaters replaced last winter, i feel its time to get a new tub.  also having the colman sit for an entire year without being run makes me nervous.  

the jacuzzi dealer is in town and the other nearest dealer is a good 30 minutes away, he sells hot springs.  

thanks for your input.

Brad

bwbski22

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 05:46:04 pm »
Oh and if you dont mind me asking what have others paid for there j385?  

Thanks,
Brad

Micah

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 09:30:54 pm »
If your looking for a Jacuzzi brand and a big spa that fits the most people, You have to look at the new J-400 series.  The J-470 is probably the one you want to look at.  It is a non lounger that Jacuzzi Introduced in the last 60 days and It is becoming one of Jacuzzi's best sellers.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 12:11:49 am »
 The J-470 is probably the one you want to look at.  It is a non lounger that Jacuzzi Introduced in the last 60 days and It is becoming one of Jacuzzi's best sellers.

How do you know that?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Micah

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 01:45:30 am »
Hot tub dan,
not sure if you are asking how i know what is becoming one of jacuzzi's bestsellers or what spa he should look at.  So i'll answer both.  He asked what big Jacuzzi holds the most people.  In the Jacuzzi brand the new 470 hold the most so thats what I recomended. As far as what I said about the 470 selling like crazy, half personal experiance and half what I heard from the order entry woman at the "Jacuzzi" plant.  
Hope that answers your question.  If it didn't , well it's late and I have probably had a little too much to drink. so I'll try again tomorrow

bwbski22

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 02:05:28 am »
id deffiently agree that its between the 385 and the 470 for the most people.  but the 385 holds like over 100 extra gallons of water, thus making me seem like it has a lot of extra area inside it.  please help me out.  thanks,
brad

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 10:07:53 am »
Micah,

I was asking how you know 470 is becoming big seller.  Thanks for the info.

400 series are unique looking spas.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Micah

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 12:20:53 pm »
Brad,
the 385 is 3" bigger and does hold a little more water.  In fact I think it has quite a bit more leg room. The reason that the J-470 holds more people is that there is no lounge / recliner.  The lounge takes up the space of two seats and limits the amount of people you can put in the Jacuzzi itself.
Brad let me give you one observation that I have seen over the years. (others may disagree) Most of my customers tell us that it is usually just 2 people in a spa.  Four seem to be the max of adults.  Kids will cram 12 of their friends in there and they dont care how many seats there are.  Just remember you are buying this for you and your loved ones. Unless you have a big family or a very active social life you might not need the "biggest" unit.
Best of luck to you,
Micah.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 05:05:00 pm »
...a Colman 107 back in 1999.  served me well until last winter.  we went through two heaters, both replaced free.  Great dealer support.  my dealer has recently switched from colman to jacuzzi.  he said the quality of colman was going down.  Im looking into getting the J385.  what im looking for is the biggest jacuzzi model that has seats for the most people.  do u think this is the model from jacuzzi for me?  thanks, brad

Hi Brad....
I have a 385 and I like it.  I bought it because we are big people and we wanted the room.  I am 6'7" and my son is 6'4".  When we get in with our wives it takes up some room and raises the water level a bit.  We use all the seats depending on our mood and whether we are bird watching or TV watching.  Since you've been in one I guess you have a good idea of how it will work for you.  I also liked the dealer and felt comfortable that they would be there when and if I needed them.

the jacuzzi dealer is in town and the other nearest dealer is a good 30 minutes away, he sells hot springs. Brad

I bought my 385 about the same time as I got on this forum (December '05).  If I were shopping for a spa again I would definitely give Hot Springs a closer look.  Not that I am unhappy with the 385.  But HS has some nice features that are worth considering.  It would be worth your time to go to the HS dealer and at least look and wet test.  30 minutes isn't all that much nowadays.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 05:32:49 pm »
Gee lemme see if I got this straight.  You have a local dealer that has given you excellent service.  He now sells Jacuzzi.  You want a new tub and just want to get a big one.  That would be a J 385.  You have tried one and liked it.  This seems like a no-brainer to me.  Am I missing something?  Buy it.  You'll like it.  Forget all the horse pocky about driving 30 miles away.  Jacuzzi makes a very, very nice spa.

Regards,

Bill

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 05:35:01 pm »
Gee lemme see if I got this straight.  You have a local dealer that has given you excellent service.  He now sells Jacuzzi.  You want a new tub and just want to get a big one.  That would be a J 385.  You have tried one and liked it.  This seems like a no-brainer to me.  Am I missing something?  Buy it.  You'll like it.  Forget all the horse pocky about driving 30 miles away.  Jacuzzi makes a very, very nice spa.

Regards,

Bill

I agree.  The 385 is a lot of spa for the money.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 05:35:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42