What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: temp goes up when we get in spa  (Read 4561 times)

pianoman

temp goes up when we get in spa
« on: March 11, 2006, 10:28:38 pm »
The temp was 65 outside tonight. Had the hot tub set at 100 degrees. When we got in and turned the pumps on the temp in the hot tub went up to 102 degrees and the heater never came on and the temp never went down. I have a 24 hour circulation pump plus two other motors and pumps. Is this temp change due from turning the pumps on and the extra heat coming from the motors and pumps running. I have noticed this always seems to happen when the outside temp is around 50 degrees or above. First hot tub we have had and just wanted to know if this is normal. Thanks for any replies, Dave

Hot Tub Forum

temp goes up when we get in spa
« on: March 11, 2006, 10:28:38 pm »

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
Re: temp goes up when we get in spa
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 11:26:16 pm »
I'd get an independant thermometer to confirm readings.  Either the spa is reading 'low' before you get in - or reading 'high' once you get in and run the pump / jets.  Either way - it doesn't seem to be a 'problem' per se - just an interesting observation!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 08:05:06 am »
In warmer weather with the pumps on your temp may rise due to the heat of the pumps.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 10:51:36 am »
This is a clever way of him telling us he thinks he is hot stuff.  ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 11:22:20 am »
This is a clever way of him telling us he thinks he is hot stuff.  ;)

or could it be the company he had in the tub  ;D
Marquis dealer

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 11:39:19 am »
Some spas use an air induction system to divert the hot air from the pumps into the spa, Hotsprings is one of them, this is particularly beneficial in 110v spas where the heater will not operate when the jets are in use.

pianoman

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 03:57:12 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I wish I could say I was hot enough to make the temp go up when I get in but I know that's not the case. I'm 52 years old and 40 pounds overweight so I know it's not me. Might be my wife. She looks pretty darn good for her age. I would have to assume from the replies it's got to do with temp outside, motors and pumps inside the unit and the heat created while they are running. I did buy a thermometer and it is always right on the money with the display temp on the control panel. It's a Leisure Bay spa running on 220. From what I have been reading on the forum Leisure Bay is not one of the more popular brands but it does have a good warranty and was in our price range at 5600.00. Right now we have no regrets. If it starts falling apart I will let everyone know as I assume this is what this discussion forum is all about. Thanks again and enjoy your tub everyday. No matter what kind you have. I know I do!!!!!, Dave  
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 04:16:18 pm by pianoman »

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 08:02:32 pm »
how about this for an idea...

The t-stat sensor is in a pipe where the water has cooled slightly. Turning the spa on circulates the warmer water through the pipe - thus causing the temp to read higher.

pianoman

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 09:15:11 pm »
I don't think that's it because when I got in tonight I checked the water temp on the control panel and on the independent thermometer and both were the same. 100 degrees. After staying in the hot tub for 45 minutes the temp on the control panel went up 2 degrees and it also went up on the independent thermometer and the heater never came on. I'm not saying your idea is not correct but wouldn't there be a two degree difference in the temp on the control panel and the independent thermometer when I first get in. I'm guess the slight temp increase is to my advantage. At least that 6000 watt heater doesn't have to kick in as much. It was also 72 degrees out tonight. Perfect night for the spa. Fourth time in today and plan on gettin in again before bedtime. Wife says I'm crazy but just can't seem to get enough. Thanks for your reply, Dave - S.C.    

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 11:21:06 am »
Hi pianoman:

Where's the temp probe located? I have this same issue on my Piper Glen. My probe is located in the filter box and the water in that box cools faster than the water in the tub. A 2o variation is not all that unusual. I'll set at 104 and depending on where I catch the heating cycle when getting in, I 'll see as high as 106o when I first get in...

Drewski
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 11:50:17 am »
Is this a Full Foam spa or a Thermal tub?
07 Caldera Geneva

pianoman

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 10:28:44 pm »
Remember, I'm a newbee. Please explain the difference between the full foam spa and the thermal spa? I can tell you this. It has 31 jets and all the seats  have seperate controls to turn on the air injection to different sections of the spa, but if you turn on all the air injection controls air and water comes out of alll 31 jets. Thanks for your help, Dave
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 10:40:16 pm by pianoman »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 10:49:50 pm »
[size=8]Stop !!                  Stop !!                         Stop !! [/font][/size]

Don't ask that question!

Please do a search first.

Thanks    
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 11:10:47 pm »
[size=8]Stop !!                  Stop !!                         Stop !! [/font][/size]

Don't ask that question!

LMAO, Chas!!  ;D ;D ;D

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 12:09:37 am »
well, obviously it's...  ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 12:09:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42