What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Showering  (Read 2017 times)

loneoak

• Perception is more important than reality
Showering
« on: March 18, 2006, 02:10:28 pm »
Do you people shower before using the hot tub, after using it, or both?

By the way, my preliminary calculations show an increase of about $40 Cdn per month in our electricity bill from Oct. to Feb. over the same period the previous year (a 16% increase in actual power use).  Oct. is when we got the hot tub.

We were quoted a possbile increase of $30 per month, however it does get used for a total of 30 - 50 minutes per day in 2 - 3 sessions.

Astrid.

Hot Tub Forum

Showering
« on: March 18, 2006, 02:10:28 pm »

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
Re: Showering
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 03:26:19 pm »
Showering before hot tub use will cut down on the skin oils, lotions, hair gels, etc... getting into the spa water and increase the time between water changes.

Showering after tub use will decrease the chance of any skin reactions to whatever sanitizer used.  

My personal preference is to use the tub in the evening - and shower first thing in the morning - I use the relaxation the tub provides me to help me fall asleep - showering would wake me up all over again!  We keep the bromine level low and I don't have any skin issues with this routine.   :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 04:35:06 pm »
My personal preference is to use the tub in the evening - and shower first thing in the morning - I use the relaxation the tub provides me to help me fall asleep - showering would wake me up all over again!  We keep the bromine level low and I don't have any skin issues with this routine.   :)

Yea, what she said, except we use Chlorine. Couldn't have said it better my self.  As a person fighting insomnia and sleep apnea, this is an important part of my evening routine.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 04:35:45 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bwbski22

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 05:33:07 pm »
It depends, if i just had a great day skiing, and sweated a lot, i will take a quick shower b4 entering.  and it depends what im doing when i get out of the tub if i shower or not.  if im going out i will shower, if just gonna hang round the house, i most likely will not shower.  

Brad

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 09:17:07 am »
I shower after work and so when I soak there's no need. My wife showers before work in the morning so she goes in dirty. I never shower after because I use dichlor and don't soak in any chemicals.
Retired

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 05:43:03 pm »
As a general rule, we like to shower before entering unless we are still clean from the last shower.  This makes it easier to keep a good tub.  We hardly have any tub ring.

I always shower afterward.  If I don't, I get itchy.  My wife uses moisturizer when she gets out and it works well for her.  Occasionally I will use it too and this helps wit the itch.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 05:43:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42