What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hey stuart, how about thisEbay hot tub???  (Read 4500 times)

drprwnap

Hey stuart, how about thisEbay hot tub???
« on: March 17, 2006, 12:05:50 am »
Sorry, I don't know how to paste a link that you can click.  If anyone could explain how to do that, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Bowl-XL-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Team-Signed-Hot-Tub_W0QQitemZ4447638405QQcategoryZ42240QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

drprwnap  8)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 08:26:02 am by wmccall »
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

Hey stuart, how about thisEbay hot tub???
« on: March 17, 2006, 12:05:50 am »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Hey stuart, how about thisEbay hot tub???
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 01:46:03 am »
When you click on the "start a new topic" button, you'll notice a row of icons above the smileys.  The second button in from the far left side is the one you want to hit.  Hold your mouse over it and will give say "Insert Hyperlink." Hit it and you'll get this:  http://.  Just paste your hyperlink between the where the two brackets touch and you're set.

Jim

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 02:12:05 am »
That link diesn't seem to work................ but this one does (I hope);

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4447638405
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 08:29:24 am »
I wonder what the reserve is, there description is trying to call it a $15,000 spa. But the scribbling on the cover has to lower the value somewhat.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 09:29:20 am »
That link diesn't seem to work................ but this one does (I hope);

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4447638405

That's JMcD's spa.  He was talking about the Steelers using that spa during the Super Bowl.  I believe they supplied it.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 10:25:50 am »
I am sorry but I just dont see how you can fit 7 adults in that spa....there may be 7 'seats' but that spa would be packed with me and 6 of my friends in it....even if they were all female... ;)...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 11:10:08 am »
Maybe manufacturers all go to the same secret meeting when they define things like this.

For instance, rent a car.  What the car rental companies consider full sized, I consider compact.  
We got a "full size" car when we went to California a couple years ago.  What we got was a small Oldsmobile, Allero, I think.  Nice enought car, but hardly full sized, in my book.  We didn't have to pay for the vehicle, so I didn't fuss much, but it was pretty interesting getting the 4 of us and all our luggage in there.  
I bet I'd have had to request a 10 step upgrade to get something like a Ford Crown Vic, or something I consider full sized.

I own a 6 man tent.  No way could you get six adults in there.  Then I found out that they calculate tent capacity based on 2 adults and the rest children.  

My Optima is rated as an 8 person spa.  Four adults are perfectly comfortable in there, each one in a corner seat.  There are also mid seats, which have less jet action, and are more like benches- especially the one in front of the weir gate.  But I could get 8 adults seated.
Probably overflow the water over the sides, though.

And my favorite, getting rid of the "Small", "Medium", and "Large" descriptors on things like ordering pizza.  

Me "I'd like a small pizza please"
Them:  "We don't have small pizza"
Me "What do you have" (cringing in anticipation)
Them "Large, Family, and Mega-Glutton (or something)
Me "What one is smallest"?
They:  Large
Me "You're telling me that your smallest pizza is large?"
They "Yes"  
Me "How many people does a large feed"
They: "Two"
Me "Doesn't sound very large to me"
They:  "Manager to the front"
Me: Calm down Skippy, Just give me a large then.
They:  Would you like anything to Drink?
Me: 2 Small Cokes
They: We don't have small cokes........
Me:  AUGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 11:43:34 am »
Maybe manufacturers all go to the same secret meeting when they define things like this.

For instance, rent a car.  What the car rental companies consider full sized, I consider compact.  

Here's the one that KILLS me.

My wife likes that liquid drug that Starbucks sells. I roll my eyes when I see there are 3 sizes for the Mocha she buys (though she's on the wagon for the time being so we can make the mortgage payment):

-The smallest you can order is called the "Tall"! HUH, it's the LEAST tall?

-The next biggest is the "Grande" which should mean large except it's really the medium sized.

-The biggest is the "Venti" which either means "enormous" or "200% margain", I'm not sure which.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 12:04:38 pm »
It really means, "I can't believe they'd pay this much money for a simple cup of coffee"

With no free refills.

Classic example!
Brewman

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 01:19:58 pm »

We got a "full size" car when we went to California a couple years ago.  What we got was a small Oldsmobile, Allero, I think.  Nice enought car, but hardly full sized, in my book.  We didn't have to pay for the vehicle, so I didn't fuss much, but it was pretty interesting getting the 4 of us and all our luggage in there.  
I bet I'd have had to request a 10 step upgrade to get something like a Ford Crown Vic, or something I consider full sized.

I own a 6 man tent.  No way could you get six adults in there.  Then I found out that they calculate tent capacity based on 2 adults and the rest children.  

My Optima is rated as an 8 person spa.  Four adults are perfectly comfortable in there, each one in a corner seat.  There are also mid seats, which have less jet action, and are more like benches- especially the one in front of the weir gate.  But I could get 8 adults seated.
Probably overflow the water over the sides, though.

And my favorite, getting rid of the "Small", "Medium", and "Large" descriptors on things like ordering pizza.  

Me "I'd like a small pizza please"
Them:  "We don't have small pizza"
Me "What do you have" (cringing in anticipation)
Them "Large, Family, and Mega-Glutton (or something)
Me "What one is smallest"?
They:  Large
Me "You're telling me that your smallest pizza is large?"
They "Yes"  
Me "How many people does a large feed"
They: "Two"
Me "Doesn't sound very large to me"
They:  "Manager to the front"
Me: Calm down Skippy, Just give me a large then.
They:  Would you like anything to Drink?
Me: 2 Small Cokes
They: We don't have small cokes........
Me:  AUGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My local shop serves large pizzas and usually cuts them into 6 pieces.  We wern't hungry the other night, so we asked them to cut it in to only 4 pieces.  :D
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 01:33:47 pm »

My local shop serves large pizzas and usually cuts them into 6 pieces.  We wern't hungry the other night, so we asked them to cut it in to only 4 pieces.  :D

Oh man that joke is as old as my grandmother's toes and twice as corny...LOL...

It is funny though..if you have three sizes...one is small one is medium and one is large...if you have two sizes, one is small and the other is large...in my book you cant have a medium if you dont have a small...so maybe the 'small' is a 64 ounce coffee, it is still the smallest you sell so it is a small...my pizza place is the same way...you order a small pizza and they say 'We dont have small, we only have medium and large'...huh????...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 02:03:48 pm »
 It's amazing how easily some of these kids get flustered when you start throwing this logic back at them.  
 Back in the stone age, I was a teen age Burger King employee.  We had small, medium and large.  EVERYONE knew which one was which.  
Why they needed to muck it up by getting rid of small and medium, I'll never understand.  
Then again, we ITS geeks never do understand what motivates our marketing department.
I think they just try and confuse everyone to the point nobody questions their need to exist.

Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 02:44:48 pm »
That was one thing I liked about my Dynasty, they call it a 6 person tub and 6 average people can sit comfortably. Now 6 Steelers my be a bit crowded.  I forget what fast food place it is, but somebody actually has SMALL, MEDIUM, and LARGE drinks. I hate going into McDonald's and have some person wait on me whose only complete lanquage sentence they can say is, "We don't have a small size sir."
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 02:44:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42