What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cal Spa CA 51 versus Hot Springs Envoy  (Read 9017 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Cal Spa CA 51 versus Hot Springs Envoy
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 06:57:09 pm »

Hot Springs = Tom Osborne

Cal Spas = Bill Callahan

Hot Springs = Jim Tressel
Cal Spas =  Loyd Carr ;D ;D ;D

Not my real opinion, just an attempt at humor,
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 08:23:42 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 06:57:09 pm »

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
NEVER buy a cal spa !!!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2006, 07:08:22 pm »
Two years in and I have replaced a pump heater and now FIFTEEN jets.

And oh yeah the service (direct from the company not my crooked dealer) stinks - they want nothing to do with you.

Sure the hot water is nice to sit in but I have now spent close to 40% on repairs.

See my reviews.

RUN the other way.

MarKee

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 01:42:34 am »
I sell Marquis Spas and have both of these competitors in my area.  I will say Hotspring is a quality spa and I would definitely reccomend it over Cal, from a more independent perspective.  

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 08:13:55 am »
husker, have you made your final decision yet? (hope I didn't miss the "I DECIDED!!" post somewhere......)
RIP C-Rod

huskerfan

• Go Big Red!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 09:03:40 am »
after much more visiting (more than I ever anticipated) and more research and more reading on this page, I have boiled it down to a choice between the Destination California tub, or the Hot Springs Envoy.  Wet tests have yet to be done in either yet mainly just due to time.  The final deciding factor will be based upon how the package comes together.  

Right now, with as close to apples-to-apples as I can get, the tubs themselves are at $8500 for the California and $7750 for the Envoy.  However, we are going to also be buying a Sauna and the specs for the one we need is priced from the Hot Springs dealer for $7485 for Finnleo (basically cost they say).  I have yet to hear back from the Dimension dealer, as they really don't deal much in saunas but can get us an Amerec Signature sauna.  So we'll see what price.  I also believe I can still get a better price yet for the California since my daughter and son-in-law are also buying a tub from wherever Dad decides to buy.  They have another '05 model (only smaller) priced to them for $6500.

So the saga continues, but for all especially me, it must soon come to an end.  Our new home is soon to be complete and the sauna must go in soon.

Keep the posts coming and thanks to all for the continued help.

Huskerfan
Husker Fan

anne

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 10:13:10 am »
I, too was chosing between an Envoy, a D1 Californian and an Arctic. The first time I sat in the D1 I was so impressed with how well the seats fit, and the neck justs seemed so nice and strong. The second time I wet tested I was a little mellower, done being quite as easily impressed since I had sat in so many tubs, and I started to notice subtleties- that for me, made it uncomfortable (itchy thigh jets, head rest not supporting my neck just right, etc). I noticed a few subtle things in the Enjoy, too, on my second wet test, but less so. I guess my point is, that for me, wet testing more than once helped me to fine tune what I was looking for and more accurately compare tubs. FWIW, I did not end up buying either, but the Envoy came in a very, very close second.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 10:13:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42