What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Automatic cleaning cycle  (Read 3716 times)

CapMorgan

Automatic cleaning cycle
« on: March 13, 2006, 06:33:49 pm »
I just installed a Caldera Tahitian Utopia Series hot tub and I was reading the owner’s manual and the Automatic cleaning cycle only works once every 24 hours for ten minutes. Is there any way in increase how many times a day the cleaning cycle goes on, and can you increase the amount of time the cleaning cycle goes on for?

CapMorgan

Hot Tub Forum

Automatic cleaning cycle
« on: March 13, 2006, 06:33:49 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Automatic cleaning cycle
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 07:19:23 pm »
Try using the tub just the way it is for a couple of months. You will most likely find that's all you need. Keep in mind it is filtering 24/7 anyway.

BTW - if you want to set the time of day the tub runs the clean cycle, walk out and hold 'set' and then press 'clean.' It will start the cycle at that time and 12 hours later from that point on.

I have two of them set to clean fifteen minutes after closing time right next to my sales counter. If I hear them going off I know it's time to head for the barn.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 10:12:05 am »
I am sure Chas will correct me if I am wrong on this, but I believe this cleanup cycle is similar to a "purge" feature found on any tub with multiple pumps.

If you have more than one pump and you didn't use the tub for a period of time, that would mean you would have stagnant water in portions of the plumbing. This can be problematic and lead to moulds and other issues. Therefore most systems incorporate a purge or flush cycle where all pumps and blowers go on high speed for at least a minute to move all of the water through the spa.

I also make it a point to tell people to leave diverters in the neutral position when they exit the spa. The system can only flush the plumbing if the diverters are set correctly. Imagine you went away for a month and water sat in a portion of the plumbing without moving...
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 10:12:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42