What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 5 months and going  (Read 3553 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
5 months and going
« on: March 06, 2006, 08:02:23 pm »
well, I did my first water change after 4 months of use which I thought was really good.  I changed the water in October and just finished my fifth month of water and it is still in great shape.  

I am on my second disposable filter over the five months and thats it.  I have had no foam issues, no stinky water or slime, algea.

I am really suprised.  I think I should be good until the end of april.  Is this to long to go????

Hot Tub Forum

5 months and going
« on: March 06, 2006, 08:02:23 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: 5 months and going
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:15:42 pm »
Now that explains why your tub was so energy efficient - you got so much body gunk in it  - it's having a nuclear reaction! ;D

JK

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 11:09:22 pm »
disposable

I vote we ban that word!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 09:05:16 am »
well, I did my first water change after 4 months of use which I thought was really good.  I changed the water in October and just finished my fifth month of water and it is still in great shape.  

I am on my second disposable filter over the five months and thats it.  I have had no foam issues, no stinky water or slime, algea.

I am really suprised.  I think I should be good until the end of april.  Is this to long to go????

Bosco,

I've never paid too much attention to some of the Filter threads, so I may have missed it.   The disposable filter, how much do they cost and how long  are they expected to last?

07 Caldera Geneva

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 07:11:55 am »
I paid 90can for 3 filters.  they say they last anywhere from 3 to 5 months.  

So I would say that this system costs more than the other way with chemicals and pleated filter however, I feel that the convienance of this filter out wieghs the cost.  I love doing nothing to it.  I could care less about the cost of it to tell you the truth.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 07:28:18 am »
 I feel that the convienance of this filter out wieghs the cost.  I love doing nothing to it.  I could care less about the cost of it to tell you the truth.

Totally agree, IMHO, someday all tubs will have disposable filters.

It just makes sense that the customer who buys a product to help them relax, doesn't want/need to spend time washing a filter every month.

Plus if the manufacturers produce proprietary filters (like Sundance) they would make more $$ as opposed to selling cleaner.

meriflower

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 10:22:46 am »
I have had no foam issues, no stinky water or slime, algea.

Well you know you are at risk for "hair, dead skin, dirt, toenails, or cheezy puffs" as you do not have 100% no by-pass filtration!   ;D ;) :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 10:22:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42