What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Noob, needs help  (Read 5357 times)

Mr_Burns

• Nuclear Power is Safe, Clean and Reliable.
Re: Noob, needs help
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 04:28:36 pm »
Mr Burns, you've really had it in for me since I mentioned that the Great Lakes dealer up the road had lousy attitude toward paying customers, and vented about the issues I had there. I don't care if you throw hot water in a tub, if you have several people in the tub with long legs, you'd better have enough room to make everyone comfortable. Same as the width of the seats...if they're meant for small bodies, then I doubt that some of the "larger" people around would be comfortable in them....
I've taken things that are logical to me, advice from people who know better than I,  and what I've found in the past (guess what? I've sat in tubs with water in them, just not my own, and not recently) to offer advice.
But, apparently I've managed to offend you with my offering words of encouragement to other people on the forum, so I'll just let YOU tell it "like it is", and I'll sit and watch.
Thank you, Mr Burns, for showing me the error of my ways. Be sure to let everyone know that there is NO VALUE IN DRY TESTING, because you say it is so, and that alone must make it true.

Please, do not get me wrong, your participation in the forum is commendable.  You are very enthusiastic about your upcoming purchase as well as helping others. That is a fantastic attitude.  I believe healthy participation is the main stay of these message forums.

That being said, I am truly amazed by your posts.  It is as if you have purposely taken the very fundamental and basic  advice this community advocates, and with gleeful abandon  completely and utterly ignored it.

Not to point this out would  tarnish the credibility of this forum and possibly mislead other first time buyers.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 04:28:36 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 04:28:45 pm »
A dry test is a good FIRST step to give you an idea whether the spa is "about" the right depth and that the seats are wide enough. Sometimes you'll be able to skip a wet test because the dry test ruled it out before the need to put a suit on. However, in the end a wet test is key to be sure you truly fit the spa well when buoyant and that it feels right for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chris_M

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 09:13:14 pm »
Thanks all for your help, I was not offended by any advice here. I did both dry and wet and ended up getting the Hot Springs Vanguard. The sales poeple at this dealer were much more knowledgable and MUCH nicer. The other dealer misled me by saying the Sundance Cayman had a 5 yr warranty, when in fact the 700 series only gets 3 yr.
I,for one, very much enjoyed the Moto-Massage of the Hot Springs. Felt like my own personal massuese (sp), might have to give her a name!
$7200 delivered seems very fair also.
Thanks again,
Chris M

Sorry Chris H, there two now!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 11:06:55 pm »
Thanks all for your help, I was not offended by any advice here. I did both dry and wet and ended up getting the Hot Springs Vanguard. The sales poeple at this dealer were much more knowledgable and MUCH nicer. The other dealer misled me by saying the Sundance Cayman had a 5 yr warranty, when in fact the 700 series only gets 3 yr.
I,for one, very much enjoyed the Moto-Massage of the Hot Springs. Felt like my own personal massuese (sp), might have to give her a name!
Thanks again,
Chris M

Congrats Chris M. Sometimes there can be a bit of bickering here but the site will be very helpful to you so stick around. If you think deciding what spa to own signals the end of your journey, think again. You may have questions on the run up to getting your spa delivered, operational, etc. While your dealer certainly can help you'll find this site an excellent source to tap relative to whatever issues, ideas, concerns and questions you have as many of us have already traveled that road.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 12:51:26 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chris_M

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 11:32:02 pm »
Thanks Superman,delivery is scheduled for Thurs morn, and the electrician will be here as well. So far, pretty smooth. I'll just have to spend some time with the manual to learn which controls control which jets. Went from 9 to 32 jets, do you think I'll notice a difference???? Just kidding
Thanks again

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 07:23:54 am »
Thanks again,
Chris M

Congrats on your purchase.  The Vanguard is truely a wonderful spa.  Matching it up to the Cayman is really apples to oranges.

One thing that needs clarifying.  The Cayman (700 series) does come with a full 5-7-10 year warranty.  Whoever said it came with a three is incorrect.  SD upgraded the warranty a couple of years ago.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 07:25:06 am by tony »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 07:23:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42