What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My TP study COMPLETED  (Read 12623 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: My TP study begins!!
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2006, 12:04:06 pm »
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

OK  last night, I tripped the breaker just to see.  The temp last night dropped to -9 and it felt really cold.  It was 102 when I shut it down.  12 hours have passed and I just opened it up to see where I am at.  100 degrees.  Droped 2 degrees overnight with no power.  I powered it back up and the tub is running fine no issues.  I opend the side panel just to see what is going on, and I must say, it was still very warm in there.  I am assuming the heat from the water kept the cavity warm.  I am very happy with these results and have decided to end my study.

To recap, 48 hours of no heater maintained 102 temperature with basic filter cycles on.  I then shut the power off over night for 12 hours and the tub only dropped 2 degrees.

What does this all mean???? who knows.  But at the end of the day, I can say that my tub performs well and in the event of a power failure, I think that i should be ok for atleast 24 to 48 hours in -9 degree weather.  

So I would suggest, that my TP tub is really an effective product for MY NEEDS.

Thank you for your time and here is the current temp.
  -1°C
A few clouds
FEELS LIKE   -6°C
WIND   NW 17 km/h
GUSTS    
RELATIVE HUMIDITY   55%
DEWPOINT   -9°C
PRESSURE   102.64 kPa  
VISIBILITY   24 km
CEILING   unlimited

Bosco - that's impressive IMO!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2006, 12:04:06 pm »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2006, 12:16:19 pm »
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

OK  last night, I tripped the breaker just to see.  The temp last night dropped to -9 and it felt really cold.  It was 102 when I shut it down.  12 hours have passed and I just opened it up to see where I am at.  100 degrees.  Droped 2 degrees overnight with no power.  I powered it back up and the tub is running fine no issues.  I opend the side panel just to see what is going on, and I must say, it was still very warm in there.  I am assuming the heat from the water kept the cavity warm.  I am very happy with these results and have decided to end my study.

To recap, 48 hours of no heater maintained 102 temperature with basic filter cycles on.  I then shut the power off over night for 12 hours and the tub only dropped 2 degrees.

What does this all mean???? who knows.  But at the end of the day, I can say that my tub performs well and in the event of a power failure, I think that i should be ok for atleast 24 to 48 hours in -9 degree weather.  

So I would suggest, that my TP tub is really an effective product for MY NEEDS.

Thank you for your time and here is the current temp.
  -1°C
A few clouds
FEELS LIKE   -6°C
WIND   NW 17 km/h
GUSTS    
RELATIVE HUMIDITY   55%
DEWPOINT   -9°C
PRESSURE   102.64 kPa  
VISIBILITY   24 km
CEILING   unlimited

Great report Bosco!

I've had Coleman spas without power for up to 4 days during blizzards and we've never lost one yet.

TP done right is every bit as effective as FF. ;)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: My TP study COMPLETED
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2006, 04:58:04 pm »
no comments!!!!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2006, 06:36:50 pm »
What is -9C about 20 degrees F?
Retired

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2006, 07:14:45 pm »
-9C it is 15.8F  

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2006, 04:31:49 am »
OK...thanks I was just trying to get a perspective on how cold it was. We have been on a bit of a cold snap also with lows at night up until last night in the 0-5 above range F Then it has been snowing for 2 days and it is now 15 but will get to 30 above I am sure today with 40's predicted this week and more snow. I'm getting awfully sick of moving snow!!
Retired

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2006, 09:04:35 am »
Wow.

Tripping the power was interesting.  I am trying to understand just how much heat the pumps provide, as well as the insulation of the cabinet.

Cutting the power for 12 hours and loosing only 2 degrees at the water?  That is impressive.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2006, 11:27:42 am »
Nicely done and thanks for sharing that bosco.

For the record, your neighbor with the Hydropool just didn't want to show you up most likely! ;)

If nothing else, this test has given you peace of mind which is something we should all have with our spas.

Steve

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2006, 03:37:55 pm »
I think everyone should put together a contengency plan for power down situations.
Retired

anne

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2006, 03:42:35 pm »
I think everyone should put together a contengency plan for power down situations.

Is that  a recommendation for cold climates or everyone? If you dont live somewhere that it freezes, is there antything to worry about? (Aside from a power outage for days in which you have no filtration)- ewwww.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2006, 03:42:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42