What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Frog- King Technologies-REFILL  (Read 31658 times)

cappykat

Re: Spa Frog- King Technologies-REFILL
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2006, 09:59:55 am »
What is Nature2?  Is that like the mineral cartridge I use by Spa Frog?  

This was a very informative post.  I'll have to print it out and keep.  
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2006, 09:59:55 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 10:23:54 am »
Nature2 is very similar to the Frog.  You can use the frog with bromine or dichlor, Nature2 only dichlor.  I used the frog until Nature2 built a cartridge for Sundance to distribute called SunPurity that fits in the brominator in the wier door.  I have found no difference in the products using dichlor.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2006, 10:33:56 am »
Tony, I can't buy Nature2 in Canada ( >:() so I bought some from ebay @ $47 US for 3.  I think that is a good price but I am wondering two things: (1) price you pay per Sunpurity cartridge and (2) can I import it from a US dealer if it is reasonably priced?

Steve

Snyper

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2006, 11:12:22 am »
$7.99 vs. $11.50. Markee, you're missing the point. It's still way cheaper to simply refill them at a cost of 8 bromine tablets each refill. That's it.

It goes back to Corporate Greed.  King Technology has changed the cartridge so they cannot be taken apart to be made reuseable. Why? It cuts into their profits. Period.
Nor do they care about the environment. I can hear them now, "So what if they have to throw some more plastic away every time they replace the cartridge?"
In fact, I can't even throw it in my area's curbside recycling - they don't want it either. Every one of those cartridges will get buried in a landfill. >:(

I'm hoping someone here will find an alternative canister that will work. Maybe kludge something together using a Pringle's can! ::) Just kidding. I've been thinking about it but haven't yet come up with anything. We have a lot of smart, resourceful people on this site. Hopefully, one of us will think of an alternative, reuseable canister.

Then again, there are always floaters! ;D :D ;D

Phil

Phil - I hear where you are coming from, but as i stated earlier, the tablets did not disolve correctly in the Spa Frog cartridge - Not for me anyway.

cappykat

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2006, 11:14:20 am »
Tony...I'm still confused.  What is Nature2?  I have a bromine cartridge and a mineral cartridge.  So if I went to a dichlor tub I would toss the bromine cartridge and add the Nature2 along WITH my mineral cartridge?
2005 Marquis Epic

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2006, 11:16:07 am »
Tony, I can't buy Nature2 in Canada ( >:() so I bought some from ebay @ $47 US for 3.  I think that is a good price but I am wondering two things: (1) price you pay per Sunpurity cartridge and (2) can I import it from a US dealer if it is reasonably priced?

Steve

good price, IMHO.....my dealer sells them for about $25 EACH....
RIP C-Rod

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2006, 03:24:05 pm »
Tony...I'm still confused.  What is Nature2?  I have a bromine cartridge and a mineral cartridge.  So if I went to a dichlor tub I would toss the bromine cartridge and add the Nature2 along WITH my mineral cartridge?

If I am correct, you have an inline frog system.  I am not totally familiar with how to not use bromine with it, but to answer your question...toss the bromine cartridge and keep using your mineral cartridge which would be pretty much the same as the Nature2 (so you would not need to add a Nature2 cartridge.  Nature2 does the same thing that the Frog does when using dichlor).

I hope I made sense.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2006, 03:29:03 pm »

Steve

$47 US for 3 is a very good price.  Shepnell in Vermont is the most reasonable I know of for Sundance SunPurity and they charge $22 each.  I can't see the sense in paying more just to place it in the brominator.  As a matter of fact, I think I am going to go back to a regular N2 cartridge or frog.  It does the same thing.  If you want to check Shepnells go to www.shepnell.com.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2006, 04:00:33 pm »
Thanks Tatooed Lady and Tony.  I'm thinking I should stock up if the price is that good :).

Steve

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2006, 04:03:38 pm »
Hey Steve, I've got a real good deal for you on a used spa frog  ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2006, 04:07:13 pm »
Hey Steve, I've got a real good deal for you on a used spa frog  ;D

Nice you're looking out for me Bonibelle ;) but I'm gonna have to pass you up on this one...

Steve

IDW

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2006, 05:41:23 pm »
Copy cat asked What is Nature2?  Is that like the mineral cartridge I use by Spa Frog?  

Nature 2 is copper and silver
Spa Frog is silver only and Calcium carbonate.

Silver is decent at controlling bacteria
Copper controls algea
Spa frog says CC controls PH
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 05:51:10 pm by IDW »

cappykat

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2006, 06:13:16 pm »
Is the Nature2 an in-line product?  The mineral cartridges I'm buying now are $29.95 ea.  I'll check this subject again when mine are gone.
2005 Marquis Epic

MarKee

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2006, 09:45:31 pm »
Nature 2 goes in the hole in your filter.  The nature 2 is going to be priced the same as your mineral cartridge so there would be no point in switching.  The frog mineral cartridge is compatible with bromine or chlorine

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2006, 08:41:40 am »
cappykat,

My advice is to stick with bromine and frog if it works for you. I have tried Nature 2 (N2) without any success. I had it in my tub for about a month and honestly it didn't do anything for my water.

I do use dichlor and was using about 3 PPM free chlorine which is 6x more than N2 recommends, I also shocked with enhanced shock (MPS and chlorine) and my water wasn't any better or worse than without N2.

IMO, it's not worth the money. But with that said there are many people who use it and see a difference.

Vinny

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2006, 08:41:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42