What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 3926 times)

meriflower

Hi!
« on: March 05, 2006, 02:42:24 am »
Hi!  I'm new to the group but not to spas.  We currently have a 2003 Marquis Euphoria which we have had nothing but problems with.  Mostly with the pumps going out.  We bought our list of grievances to our dealer which he assured us that this is not the norm for Marquis and that they (Marquis) will take care of us.  Well, we'll be getting a new Epic in replacement for our Euphoria at very minimal cost to us.  Even though we have been unhappy with the performance of our Euphoria we are happy that Marquis is standing behind their product and giving us a replacement.  Hopefully we will not have a repeat!!

This forum looks like a great group of people - lot of great information!   :)

Hot Tub Forum

Hi!
« on: March 05, 2006, 02:42:24 am »

Cola

• Time for bed kids
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 05:18:31 am »
Even the good guys put out a lemon now and then.  I'm not sure of what your problems were but consider that there could have been issues out of there control.  Water quality - ph and hardness, power - surges or undersized wiring.  Correct these if any for your new tub.  Good luck
Steve

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 09:46:36 am »
The Epic is Marquis top of the line spa!  Good going - you are being well taken care of.  Like cola said - even the best manufacturors turn out a lemon once in a while.  Do be sure all your electrical wiring meets requirements - will ruin the new spa if not right.

meriflower

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 10:44:23 am »
Yeah - the water quality and the electricity were the first things we had checked out - the electricity by a master electrician and bringing samples of water to the dealer - everything checked out OK.  We have had 5 pumps go bad, ozonator go out, 2 diverter valves breaking.  We have 3 full pages full or problems that we presented to our dealer - he had pulled our history as well and had even more.  Half the problem was our dealer kept on replacing the pump with the wrong one - one side was strong the other side very weak.  Now it makes this weird noise upon start up that not even our dealer including the service mgr knows what it is.   :-/

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 11:15:37 am »
All your problems could be why that model of Marquis spa isn't produced anymore!  

I'm very happy with my Quest - and other folks here have Destiny and Epic models who simply love them!  You're going to love it too!

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 12:40:56 pm »
im happy to hear that dealer and Marquis is taking care of you. as others have said, the Epic is their top model.
if you have tension headaches the seat to the left of the waterfall is perfect. 5 HK40's driving the tension away.......yeah, its my favorite seat  ;) ;D

socal
Marquis dealer

meriflower

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 05:39:43 pm »
Marquis also offered to make us a new Euphoria but we said no to that, we wanted the Epic!   ;)   Our new Epic will be delivered next Friday, the colors we picked are the Sapphire Swirl for the shell (looks like blue marble), the outside in Driftwood with the Charcoal cover.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 06:28:10 pm »
Ok Socal, my headache is always in THAT seat? Any hints for getting him out?  Only kidding....but when we bought our Epic, I kind of thought that seat would be mine...I have found however,  that I just love the deep therapy seat and to be perfectly honest, There isn't a bad seat in the house!. Meriflower you are really in for a treat and I am sure your Epic will make you froget all of the problems that you had with your old tub. This only makes me feel better about the integrity of the company that stands behind my investment!  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 01:48:22 am »
This sounds corny, but Marquis is an employee owned company and being an owner of part of the company really improves overall quality and gives the whole corporation an excellent work ethic.  

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 02:08:40 am »
This sounds corny, but Marquis is an employee owned company and being an owner of part of the company really improves overall quality and gives the whole corporation an excellent work ethic.  

I will say if there is one thing that really to me gives Marquis a unique prospective is that it is employee owned...They are close to 100 million dollar a year company which is respectable in size but compared to a Watkins or Jacuzzi brands is very small but being employee owned I do think it shows in the small details in theirs spas and in spa ownership , its not to say they are without problems, just that you can actually get to that person who can really say "the buck stops here so to speak" .....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 02:08:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42