What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How long do they last?  (Read 22244 times)

DaisyBug08016

• The journey is the reward.
How long do they last?
« on: March 05, 2006, 07:55:46 am »
Generally speaking... how many years can we expect to get from our new hot tub? We have a Hot Springs Grandee. I think it is a 2005 - left over, ya know.. great deal.

Anyway - just curious... and what do you do with your old tub when it is time for a new one?

Hot Tub Forum

How long do they last?
« on: March 05, 2006, 07:55:46 am »

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
Re: How long do they last?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 09:40:31 am »
My last tub which was a Leisure Bay spa "lasted" 11 years.  We bought it based on price alone and were not very knowledgeable about spas.  It had only 6 jets and a 'blower' system that was so noisy we almost never ran it.  That all said it served us well for 11 years.  We had new jets installed once, and a new heater once.  This past December (2005) the heater quit again and we decided that it was "time" for a newer spa.  We did our research both on the internet and by visiting several different showrooms.  We narrowed our selection and did our wet tests.  We bought a Marquis Quest spa and the dealer not only delivered and set up the new spa - but they hauled away the old one for us.  Happy endings all around!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 10:09:41 am »
No reason why your spa couldn't last 15-20 years.  There are HotSprings spas that old in use today.  Add depends if you want the new updated version, or if what is in your backyard does the trick.

Brookenstein

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 10:36:34 am »
My parents bought their first hot tub when I was in third grade.  I graduated high school in 1995 and it was still going strong and was used nightly.  In the early 2000's it started having too many problems and my dad finally retired it in 2004 and bought a Sweetwater.  

I've asked my dad many times what brand it was and he does not remember... he thinks it could have been a Marquis, but isn't sure.  All I remember is it was blue marble finish, had a lounger, had the little holes all the way around it where you could have cold air infused in, had  just a few jets, had 2 black control buttons (one for light one for jets) and you had to open control pannel doors to adjust the temperature with a turn knob.

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 11:47:31 am »
A well built spa from a quality mfg. should last well over 10 years. I just sold a 1989 Hot Spring Highlife that I took in on trade. All original equipment. I had to replace the circ. pump and light lens otherwise it was just like the day it was originally delivered. Not that unusual for a Hot Spring tub to last for a long time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 12:00:57 pm »
I do in home PC support and a lot of my customers are seniors.  I've come across 2 spas that were more than 15 years old and they were both Hot Springs.  (I own a Dynasty by the way)

For what that is worth.  Does HS still make them as good?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 12:25:54 pm »
I've got customers with Colemans out there from the late 80's early 90's that are still perfectly happy with their spas. It's like anything, the right care and water chemistry and a little tlc will made a world of difference.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 12:25:58 pm »
Craig's List is a popular way to "get rid of" old spas in metro areas.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 12:52:58 pm »
Does HS still make them as good?

No.

Better.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tubaholic

• HS Grandee Indoors
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 01:01:30 pm »
Well I am thinking having my tub indoors should extend the life span. Plus I check my chemistry all the time. What are your toughts on that Chas...

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 01:33:43 pm »
I found it!  Chas recently replaced a bunch of tubs at a resort on the beach.  Here's the link:http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1140058563

Hope this helps!
Jim
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 04:08:19 pm by jim97219 »

dsommerl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 01:45:09 pm »
I bought a Jacuzzi Quantum in the mid 80-s.  I bot it used at that time---think it was maybe 3 yrs old.  I ran the heck out of it until around 2000--then let it sit one winter and it froze up---it was toast.
Never had one repair done----and upon inspection recently--found out what I had done--a few years back--sure wasn't the tub's fault--obviously--I was careless and had lost interest in tubbing at that point.
Decided to re up for a new tub---so I went with Jacuzzi again (375 model).  Based on my Quantum experience---I'm a Jacuz fan--and I liked the 375 anyway in my comparison shop---deep tub for my long body--plenty of power and space---good warranty and was cheaper than comparable other brands I compared.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 02:54:17 pm »
I found it!  Stuart recently replaced a bunch of tubs at a resort on the beach.  Here's the link:http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1140058563

Hope this helps!
Jim

If I replaced those tubs then Chas owes me a commision and I want it fast!!! ??? ??? ;) 8)

DaisyBug08016

• The journey is the reward.
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 03:18:52 pm »
Thanks guys!  That is really good news...

I appreciate the input.

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 04:09:02 pm »
Opppppppppppsssssssssss.  I edited my mistake.  Sorry!  

Jim

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 04:09:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42