What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Geneva 2005 vs. 2006  (Read 4046 times)

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
Caldera Geneva 2005 vs. 2006
« on: March 01, 2006, 08:19:12 pm »
Worth waiting for?

Does anyone know the differences?
I´ve heard that the 2006 has got stainless steel jet trim rings and that there are some changes in the diverter valves?
Anything else?

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Geneva 2005 vs. 2006
« on: March 01, 2006, 08:19:12 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: Caldera Geneva 2005 vs. 2006
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 09:02:02 pm »
You may email Caldera and ask them what the main differences are, other than most likely price.....if the '05 suits you, you could probably get a pretty good deal on one (discount to move older product) instead of paying a premium for the new stuff....I believe you said tubs are obscenely expensive by you anyhow?
RIP C-Rod

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 10:48:27 pm »
Chas should be able to give us an update if he reads this....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 11:23:43 pm »
I believe the only other difference is shell color choices.  Caldera web site has been updated.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 06:19:42 pm »
You may email Caldera and ask them what the main differences are, other than most likely price.....if the '05 suits you, you could probably get a pretty good deal on one (discount to move older product) instead of paying a premium for the new stuff....I believe you said tubs are obscenely expensive by you anyhow?

Seems Caldera do not want to speak with customers unless there are problems - they refer to resellers.
I think there will be no price difference, but I can get the -05 alot faster. :)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 07:13:29 pm »
Seems Caldera do not want to speak with customers unless there are problems - they refer to resellers.
I think there will be no price difference, but I can get the -05 alot faster. :)

Hmmm...you'd think that they would want to speak to people looking at their product and considering a purchase just as much as the follow up for any problems later on...maybe that's just my thought though?
RIP C-Rod

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 07:38:25 pm »
Hmmm...you'd think that they would want to speak to people looking at their product and considering a purchase just as much as the follow up for any problems later on...maybe that's just my thought though?

That would be a good idea, I think. :)

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 08:02:40 pm »
The 06 has 316L stainless steel jet trim and the valve for the waterfall and for the neck Atlas system need only a 180 degree turn, rather than having to turn them a whole bunch of time to go from off to full power. Also there are a couple of color changes. That's pretty much it.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 10:41:25 am »
The 06 has 316L stainless steel jet trim and the valve for the waterfall and for the neck Atlas system need only a 180 degree turn, rather than having to turn them a whole bunch of time to go from off to full power. Also there are a couple of color changes. That's pretty much it.

I concur. These are welcome changes, but not Earth shattering. If you can get the '05 sooner, go for it.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner -  

Caldera is Watkins Manufacturing, the people who bring you HotSpring, Tiger River, Solana and Hot Spot spas. You can bet your wife that they WANT to talk to customers  - they spend a fortune on advertising, brochures, web sites and the like. The way they like to accomplish the actual conversation is through a good local dealer. They put a lot of stock in that relationship.

As to the changes - for the first time in the 20 years I have dealt Watkins, they are forecasting no price changes. Certain costs may gang up on the local dealer to require a price increase, but the cost of the tubs this year should remain almost level from last year. Those other costs are things such as:
Increased rent
Increased fuel prices which affects shipping
Increased power costs
Increased college tuition...

YMMV
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 08:34:57 pm »
I will wait for the 2006.
Since I have a deck to build, and 2 feet of snow on that spot it seems as if it has to wait a while anyway.  :-/

But then again - I'm starting to dig tomorrow.  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 08:34:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42