What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coming tomorrow at 2  (Read 6125 times)

galen

• Maxxus
Coming tomorrow at 2
« on: February 27, 2006, 07:57:29 pm »
Can hardly wait. The tub is a maxxus. And has the finer filter. I was told by the dealer that it alone will filter out a lot of the nastys and won't have to use much chemical. I'm new to this so I don't know which chemicals to start with. I would like to put as little in the tub as possible. It has a CD ozonator. I need advice from some of you old heads on what to do. Thanks!   Great site.

Hot Tub Forum

Coming tomorrow at 2
« on: February 27, 2006, 07:57:29 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Coming tomorrow at 2
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 08:01:40 pm »
Did your dealer sell you or provide you with any startup chemicals?  If so, I'd go with their recommendation, at least for a while.
If not, dichlor and bromine are the two most popular systems.  Either work with ozone.  
I'd not put too much stock in the claim that Sundance's new filter reduces the need for sanitizer chemicals of some sort.
It has been claimed that ozone can reduce the need for sanitizers, though.  Perhaps your dealer meant that.
Brewman

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 08:07:49 pm »
You know, that could be Brewman. I know zero about chemical systems.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 08:09:24 pm »
galen, welcome to spatopia (I'm awaiting my official 'baptism' yet)! for starters, if you don't mind reading thru lots of info, try:
http://www.rhtubs.com/info.htm
As far as chemicals, I don't want to have a LOT of them, either....I plan to start on chlorine, ozone and nature2, as it'll keep the amount of chlorine I need to use low, and is a well liked program, from all I've read...others use bromine instead of chlorine, with the ozone and some of those use a bromine-friendly mineral stick (nature2 isn't)....but that's up to personal preference....
Chlorine/bromine is the sanitizer, ozone is the oxidizer, and nature2 is a mineral stick that helps keep the water clean and clear.....there's LOTS of info on this site regarding what to use for chemicals, even in the last week, so PLEASE feel free to browse the posts....I've learned LOTS simply by doing that.
RIP C-Rod

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 12:33:54 am »
Tub arrived at 1:30 and by 3:30 they were gone. The temp. is at 59 degrees and rising. Started at 44. I decided to go with Sodium dichlor. With the cd, it shouldn't be to hard to take care of it. Man, I wanted to jump in but damn that waters cold! Started friday with grass in the backyard and now a tub is sitting on the slab with water in it. Had an eletrican come by to check on my wiring because I don't trust my work. He said it all look fine and wanted to know if i needed a job. No thanks. I was a little confusing, This sundance is a three wire hookup but I guess a lot are four wire. I'll take some pictures tomorrow if anyone wants to see it.

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 09:00:55 am »
Galen...of course we want to see it.  We're all about pictures!!  
2005 Marquis Epic

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 09:51:34 am »
yep, post the pics, but no 90 year old guys in speedos please......  :o
Congratulations on getting this far, it's all cruisin' from here on out for you!
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 10:11:17 am »
yep, post the pics, but no 90 year old guys in speedos please......  :o
Congratulations on getting this far, it's all cruisin' from here on out for you!

Nope. no pics of 90 year old men in speedos here....

How big is your tub?  
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 10:13:40 am »
 :o  :o
RIP C-Rod

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 11:21:39 am »
While many men may grit their teeth and wince at that photo there are plenty out there thinking "now THAT is my kind of woman".

BTW, I'll bet the girl in pink never looked so slim.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 11:48:34 am »
they sure seem to have tiny feet

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 12:14:28 pm »
Drewstar, you just screwed up my day! I can't get the girl in pick out of my head.  She's well.....to much.  I'll post pictures later today.  Its 7'6"X 9'2". I wanted a tub that everyone can enjoy. The more the merrier. I use to be picky but now at this time in my life, I like sharing.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 12:22:57 pm »
Drewstar, you just screwed up my day! I can't get the girl in pick out of my head.  She's well.....to much.  I'll post pictures later today.  Its 7'6"X 9'2". I wanted a tub that everyone can enjoy. The more the merrier. I use to be picky but now at this time in my life, I like sharing.

Sorry to ruin your day. You should see the ones I "rejected" because they were too upseting.
::)

Anyhow, I agree a tub that you can entertan and share with others is great.  As much as I like the soaks by myself, as well as with my wife.  Haveing several friends over and sitting in the tub shooting the bull is great.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 12:24:13 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 01:01:53 pm »
OK here are some pictures. I really had to jocky the tub around to get it close to the conduit. The picture of the power on the house is the GFCI above on the left and right below that is the service disconnect.  I did all the wiring. Its easy to me. I enjoy doing it. I just got the dirt around the slab. And would like to seed this afternoon and get some straw on it. The sound system sound kick a$$. The sub shacks the whole tub.  I'm on 18 acres and I know I'm going to enjoy the sunsets even more. I'll take that one this evening if its nice. G Oh btw how do I insert an image? I click on the box for image but this script comes on at the end of the post.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 01:32:59 pm »
[imghttp://ghaddock.photosite.com/HaddockPictures/Ourphotos/Maxxus_hottub_3-1-06_00007.html]URL[/img]

Close. Your IMG tag up front isn't closed. and you have a URL tag near the end and you need to ref a jpg file.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 01:34:04 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 01:32:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42