What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rain Water in Cover  (Read 3335 times)

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
Rain Water in Cover
« on: March 02, 2006, 08:01:50 pm »
I was wondering if anyone has ever had rain water collect in their spa cover.  My Euphoria is just about a year old now, and every now and then when we have a heavy rain water collects on one side of the cover.  The foam core which is wrapped in plastic remains dry, the water collects between the vinyl cover and the foam.  I usually open the zipper let the water out and let it dry.  Icant find any tears in the cover, and think the water is coming in from the stitching.  I mentioned it to my dealer, and he said if it continies to happen he will get me a new one.  Has anyone ever had this happen?

Hot Tub Forum

Rain Water in Cover
« on: March 02, 2006, 08:01:50 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Rain Water in Cover
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 08:42:45 pm »
On the underside of the cover, right in the middle, there should be a small hole, 1/4" or so in diameter, to allow water to escape........... It's possible there was an oversight in production and the hole didn't get cut.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 08:01:08 am »
My Reward gets water in the outside flap after a hard rain.  The dealer has been after me to send him a picture so I can send it to Marquis.  Hopefully I'll get arounf to it soon

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 09:40:38 am »
I find a little rainwater will collect inside mine as well.....just as you described.  It probably seeps in through the stitching as the vinyl is intact and in great shape.  Opening the cover for the first soak after a rain allows the water to drain out......no special treatment, no harm done.  I think it's just the nature of the beast.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

BadBack

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 04:12:04 pm »
Dr. Spa, thanks for the information,  I will check the hole later tonight.  Thank you everyone for your replies.

BadBack

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 05:37:59 pm »
I check the holes and they are sealed.  Should I punch them out?  Will this effect the heat retention of the cover?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 05:37:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42