What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: *Update* Day Four of Spa Ownership  (Read 5927 times)

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
*Update* Day Four of Spa Ownership
« on: February 23, 2006, 08:11:13 pm »
Greetings, you may remember me from my post several days ago regarding where on my patio to place my new hot tub. Well with everyone's help I decided to place it on the circular bump out of the patio. I promised to provide pictures when the hot tub arrived, so here's day one:

Sorry there's no pics of the water churning, the jets purring, the stereo lit up and the LEDs going, but as of yet I have no electricity to the tub. Hopefully I'll get the electric ran by Sat. In the meantime though here is a link to my progress (and more pics):
http://www.viperdude.us/LatestHappenings/HotTub/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 03:32:11 am by Viper_Dude »

Hot Tub Forum

*Update* Day Four of Spa Ownership
« on: February 23, 2006, 08:11:13 pm »

Tubaholic

• HS Grandee Indoors
Re: Day One of Spa Ownership
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 08:39:10 pm »
Looks like its moving along very well. The bump out on the patio sure looks like the best spot for the tub.
Now all you need is the "juice"..
Enjoy!!!!

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 09:11:30 pm »
Looks good Viper. The box on the back of your house now is the quik disconnect for the air conditioner.  I just got done forming the patio on my spa pad today. I didn't take any pictures today but I will tomorrow morning. I ran my conduit under my concrete. I sized the conduit one size larger for ease of pulling #6 wire. I cuss this size wire a lot. Ialso put in a quik disconnect just below the gfci box. I don't know if a gfci is a service disconnect by code.  Concrete  finishers are going to show up at 7am.  I can hardly wait. I've been going over to my sons and getting in in almost every night. My new daughter-in law says she doesn't mind but I told her they can come over and break mine in.  I bought a 2005 floor model  Maxxus.  Good luck with your install.  G

spiman

• Tub is in!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 09:11:36 pm »
OK, I have to ask.........

How much for the doggy in the window..........

Now wait, I think thats a tune......... ;)
Have at it!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 09:14:16 pm »
Now all you need is the "juice"..
Enjoy!!!!

he needs OJ??? wow..... ;)  seriously though....looking GREAT!!
RIP C-Rod

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 09:14:37 pm »
Viper...don't remember, what kind of spa do you have?  Love the color...I'm sure you're going to love it.  Enjoy!  ;D
2005 Marquis Epic

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 09:50:43 pm »
Emerald!!!!!!!!  :) Smart Choice!!!! GREAT SPA,  ;)

Thanks for the pics, hope to see more when you crank er up

Enjoy :)

jnsjr58

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 09:53:33 pm »
Dude,

what did you pay for that bad boy?? '05 or '06?

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 11:54:30 pm »
Thank you everyone for the kind comments. I'll attempt to answer the questions that have been posed so far.

cappykat the spa is an Emerald Spa Estate Series 750. It is just shy of being fully loaded (no intensive foot therapy). Aside from that it has everything listed in the catalog: led lighting, disco light, Kenwood sound system built in sub woofer, intensive neck thereapy, dual loungers,  etc.

jnsjr58 it is a 2006 model. It only sat on their showroom floor about a month before I came along. The price on it was $7200 which included all start up chemicals, filter, cover, delivery, and set up (would have if I had electric ran out there).

spiman sadly that particular doggy is not for sale. I hope to stud out his brother sometime in the future though. Bear, a terrier / Finnish Spitz, was a $75 bundle of joy from the local animal shelter. His brother is a toy poodle / Japanese Spitz mix.  

Tubaholic, the juice is coming soon! (Hopefully by Sat.).

I'll post much more in depth photos once I have electric and she's fully filled. These pics were taken with only a hint of light left in the sky, so look forward to much better ones!

jnsjr58

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 06:53:33 am »
Thanks for the info. I'm very close to ordering an '06 E650, so I know the pricing and quality of the product!
Ya done good!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 08:55:17 am »
Nice set up. Thanks for the pics.  It sounds like you got a lot of tub for you money.   How is the emerald insulated? Does it have an ozone unit?

Enjoy! New home, New hot tub!  Life is good.  ;D

Get that filled and heated!

I'll bring the beer.
07 Caldera Geneva

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Day Three of Spa Ownership
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 12:25:24 pm »
Sorry for not posting any updates yesterday. After finishing digging the trench for the electric wires and running the PVC conduit I headed out for beers with some friends then crashed before midnight with every muscle still aching. I called the electrician friend to schedule a time to run the wiring. While the guy seems nice, I really don't want to wait until Thurs. when he might be able to do it. Especially since our open house is this coming Saturday! So I called up an old co-worker who was working on getting her electrician's license in 99'. Well, she got it and turns out she lives a little over 10 minutes away in the next town! So she's coming over tonight to wire it. Woo Hoo!

Now to the Q&A portion of this post:
drewstar the ozonator is an option with this tub. I lucked out and it was included. It also has the spa frog, and from their website:
"Our EverClean™ Water Purification System incorporates pressurized filtration, working in concert with SPA FROG® Sanitization System, Lucite® Acrylic shell with Microban®, Ozone Generator, and antimicrobial filter element with Microban®. Together they produce clean, safe water while reducing spa maintenance."

As for insullation it is fully insullated. I know they offer a base level insullation and then an upgraded level. Mine has the base level which is called the Reflectix full insulation. The upgrade is Ultra Foam.

jnsjr58 hopefully by tonight or tomorrow I'll be able to post my opinion on how well the tub performs. When I wet tested at the dealership all they had filled was a 500 model Estate series, so technically I've yet to try out my tub.

Now I'm off to Home Depot to pick up a few odd PVC fittings and the electric wire before my friend comes tonight and wires it all up. Wish me luck!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 02:20:58 pm »
I have a question about the Emerald warranty. On their website it states that the consumer needs to pay for shipping on parts - did you address this isue with the dealer?

Emerald was my first choice until they did that with the warranty and they did something to their jetting.

Please don't take this as bashing ... I'm just curious!

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 03:51:03 pm »
Hopefully the electrician made it on Saturday. Three days isn't bad. My spa sat in the garage for a month while my deck was being built. Good looking spa, color is similar to my Piper Glen.
Suggestion for next project - Privacy Fence -  looks like you got a nice big back yard, but its kind of open. Enjoy

jnsjr58

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 07:56:04 pm »
Vinny,
When I was at my emerald dealer, I asked how warranty issues were handled. He basiclly said if something breaks durring the warranty period they come out and fix it at no charge. Then if it is outside the warranty period, he will fix it for cost of the parts + his labor. I thought that was more than fair. He has been selling Emerald for 12 years...... says they are GREAT to deal with!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 07:56:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42