What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: top of the line tubs  (Read 4907 times)

rahlinks

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
top of the line tubs
« on: February 26, 2006, 02:04:24 pm »
WHAT IF THE TOP 5 QUALITY HOTTUBS, THE PROS AND THE CONS.  I DON'T WANT THE PROPAGANDA FROM DEALERS AND PAID OFF MAGAZINE EDITORS.  THANKS

Hot Tub Forum

top of the line tubs
« on: February 26, 2006, 02:04:24 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: top of the line tubs
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 02:40:38 pm »
WHAT IF THE TOP 5 QUALITY HOTTUBS, THE PROS AND THE CONS.  I DON'T WANT THE PROPAGANDA FROM DEALERS AND PAID OFF MAGAZINE EDITORS.  THANKS

Interesting.....I have a question...what is it that you are looking for...excalty....I mean.....I respect that dealers can certainly have a bias......I do not think a lot of magazine writers frequent this board.....but do you think you will get any more of a subjective view from someone who has bought a spa and did so based on What THEY thought was best for THEM SELFS ....I think many here who are in the industry probably have a bit more insight as to what makers do a really good job of putting together a quality product and knowing whats under it skin and than backing it after its sold than most shoppers would......this is not to say that a consumer can not also have good insights and preceptive about the same things as well and some much more so than others and this applys to dealers as well.....Its just that there is no blanketed answer to your question....In the end it comes down to perceived value.....

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 03:39:30 pm »
There is only one "BEST" hot tub!

That's the one that YOU found to be the best for YOU!!!

And BTW, there is no such list ... EVERYONE'S opinion is just that an opinion.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 03:40:57 pm by Vinny »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 04:40:06 pm »

Since I'm a dealer, I'll honor your request and not respond.  I'm just curious why you'd ask since you just purchased a Coleman.

rahlinks post from 2-25-06:
THANK YOU FOR THE IMPUT. I BOUGHT THE COLEMAN FOR 7999.  IS THAT A GOOD DEAL.  FREE DELIVERY, E-Z LIFT, CHEMICALS, COVER, AND STEPS.   DO I HAVE DIFFERENT CHOICES TO KEEP THE WATER CLEAN?

Did something fall through?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 04:43:44 pm »

If you don't want dealers opinions, what's left? Consumers that own one spa, they bought from a dealer, based upon that dealers propaganda?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 04:47:22 pm »
Here's an example of what I found while ISO "the perfect tub".....first dealer I found had a tub I really liked, and it was last year's model, discounted, etc.....GOOD DEAL, right? Well......the TUB was fine....but the dealer didn't give me the impression of having any urge to back the product, or be there if/when I needed them, so I went to a second dealer, who has made me feel like if I have ANY trouble (including being too drunk to find what button turns off the light), CALL and they'll help me!
The second dealer has just managed to make an $8000 sale because of this, and the first dealer.....lost out on a lesser priced sale (about $6000)......
Moral of my story: to ME, the 'best' tub is one that's backed 110% by the people you buy it from, even if it costs a few bucks extra...
The "top 10 tubs" list is all based on opinions.....if a strong warranty and dealer support is important to you, look in that direction....if buying as cheap as possible, and being a major DIY'er is up your alley....not a problem....the names I keep reading on here (if I miss a couple, SORRY!) with satisfied forum members:
D1, Hot Spring, Arctic, Jacuzzi, Artisian.....You might ask for just a quick blurb from only the people on here that are VERY happy with their tub and the service they have received.....seems like a good place to get started. ;)
Best of luck!
RIP C-Rod

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 04:48:16 pm »
Since I'm a dealer, I'll honor your request and not respond.  I'm just curious why you'd ask since you just purchased a Coleman.

rahlinks post from 2-25-06:

Did something fall through?

Terminator

nice catch, Term.....I missed that.....
RIP C-Rod

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 06:07:09 pm »

Since I only own 1 tub, the best tub in my opinion is mine and you can't have it (although if the price is right).  You could however buy a newer model.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 07:34:55 pm »

Since you asked so nicely... ;)

Seems you have one anyway so just enjoy it.

TOP 5
Thermospas
Ha**n
Soft Tub
CalSpa
Nordic

If your Coleman didn't pan out, try one of these.

I'm such an A$$.... ;D

Steve

Brookenstein

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 08:02:59 pm »

Since you asked so nicely... ;)

Seems you have one anyway so just enjoy it.

TOP 5
Thermospas
Ha**n
Soft Tub
CalSpa
Nordic

If your Coleman didn't pan out, try one of these.

I'm such an A$$.... ;D

Steve

Your too funny Steve.  

Here's a present for you.   ;D

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 08:43:44 pm »
Now if you could get me an embroidered shirt with that on it....we'd be BESTEST friends! :-*

Nice one Brookenstein! ;D

Steve

rick

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 11:34:52 am »
Coleman IS a top of the line spa.  

anne

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 12:34:09 pm »
Er, what is Ha**n?
Dance like nobody's watching

Brookenstein

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 01:01:33 pm »
Er, what is Ha**n?

It is a rebranded spa sold at a premium by a nut job, whose name cannot be spoken here.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 01:04:38 pm »
Now if you could get me an embroidered shirt with that on it....we'd be BESTEST friends! :-*

Steve

They were selling them out of this van down on Bondi Beach in Sydney.  If I'd known you wanted one, I'd of sure got it for you.

Sorry.....

Terminator
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 01:11:24 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 01:04:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42