What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LED Lights??  (Read 3897 times)

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
LED Lights??
« on: February 23, 2006, 07:02:29 pm »
Hey all,
Just putting the finishing touches on ordering my tub.

Can anyone tell me if they have/ use their LED lights? They look cool, but as a $450.00 upgrade I don't know if they would get used enough to be worth the expence?

Any thoughts or comments appreciated......... Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

LED Lights??
« on: February 23, 2006, 07:02:29 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: LED Lights??
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 07:17:31 pm »
My opinion is not to waste your money. I have the single LED light that looks good and you can buy for about $100 if you decide you like the light.

I rarely use it unless my youngest goes in with me. There's something to be said about sitting in the tub without  it's lights on. Of course my backyard faces a school and they have mercury vapor lamps so I'm not sitting in the dark but I wish I was!

I originally was looking at the whole tub light option on my tub and the dealer said it truely isn't a big deal and she was right.

crapjack

• good stuff
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 07:54:47 pm »
I have an Arctic spa and paid 250 (cdn) for its Northern Lights package, multi colored and different effects. If you plan on using tub at night and if it's outside its a great option to have. You can turn them on or off whatever your mood for the evening maybe. There are some really dark nights and the lighting just adds to the whole hot experience.     ENJOY

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 08:14:10 pm »
We upgraded to the color shifting lites on our Optima, and it was well worth it to me.  I think it was around $200 for that option.  
Brewman

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 08:44:14 pm »
We paid extra for the deluxe light package and think it was well worth it. I think it adds a whole lot to the tub. When you think about it, you have already spent thousands on the tub so whats a few hundred dollars more to get what you want.

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 09:22:59 pm »
Are you asking about the internal lights or the LED external lights that mount on the side walls?

Either way...we enjoy both. The external ones are always on and I'm so glad we got them. They look really sharp. The dealer through them in for $100 to close the deal.

jnsjr58

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 06:43:11 am »
Thanks for the replys.
If I wasn't ordering a new tub It wouldn't had been an issue, or a deal breaker. I now know what to do..... Thanks Jim

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 10:26:26 am »
Thanks for the replys.
If I wasn't ordering a new tub It wouldn't had been an issue, or a deal breaker. I now know what to do..... Thanks Jim

And....you're going with them based on the positive responses or, passing on them due to the high price?

???
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 01:35:12 pm »
maybe he's just going to negotiate more.....try to get the lights thrown in on the package, or at least a price cut.....?
RIP C-Rod

jnsjr58

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 08:38:17 pm »
the lights have it, :)
I would hate to not have them and wish I did.
What the hell ,it's only money
Thanks for your help!!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 10:01:50 pm »
I've got a buddy that's got me in MORE trouble by making the "It's only money, you'll make more" statement.....probably because I always combine it with another friend's "it's meant to be." when I let her know that what I really want is in stock, in the right color, size, etc......DOH!
There'll be no retirement.
RIP C-Rod

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 09:19:25 am »
I have a question to you who love the LEDs - Do you have above water LEDs too.

What I have found is the light can't really be seen with the jets on with air. Maybe it's the way my tub shoots out the water from the therapy jets but with my "white" light on and all the jets running with air - there ain't too much light!

Of course when I'm sitting there with my jets off - the light works great but I tend not to use it too often.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 12:05:31 pm »
I didn't get the factory led lights with my tub, bought it off the floor and it had the plain white light with a red and blue lens you could put on. Ordered an LED replacement bulb with like, 17 different LED lights and multiple patterns for about a hundred bucks.  It took minutes to install and saved a gang of money.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 01:19:55 pm »
I've got the LED lights on the waterfalls, and 2 under water.  I don't always use them when I'm alone, but I do always use them when I'm joined by others. I LOVE the lights, and with 2 underwater, the tub positively glows with or without jets.  It's especially nice on a really cold night with tons of steam billowing upwards...I wouldn't be without them.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 01:19:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42