What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First fill..What to use with Nature 2?  (Read 2555 times)

mothergoose45

First fill..What to use with Nature 2?
« on: February 24, 2006, 11:04:32 pm »
I am going to use Nature 2 when I get my spa up and going.  What other chemicals do I need to go along with this?

Hot Tub Forum

First fill..What to use with Nature 2?
« on: February 24, 2006, 11:04:32 pm »

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
Re: First fill..What to use with Nature 2?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 11:58:18 pm »
Go to nature2.com and read up on the product.  The website should answer your questions... :)

mothergoose45

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 08:53:18 am »
It says to use dichlor.  What exactly is that and what brand should I use?  I have looked at spa places and dont see that name.

mothergoose45

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 08:57:28 am »
When I search dichlor on msn.com it tells me it has clorine in it.  My spa says not to use chlorine.  What is a substitute? Im just asking people that use nature 2 what they use and how often.  I dont really know what im doing yet, this is my first spa.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 09:03:56 am »
I have been using Nature2 or its competitor Spa Frog for almost four years in my spa.  Nature2 claims to work with just non chlorine shock (MPS).  N2 also states you can substitue the MPS for dichlor.  The Frog only instructs you to maintain a low level of free chlorine.

I have never had any luck with N2 with just MPS.  I add about a tsp dichlor after use and shock with non chlorine shock when needed (weekly).  Two good recipes for Nature2 are over at www.rhtubs.com in the FAQ section of the forum.  Look for Dichlor dosing Vermonter style and Northmans routine.  They are very informative.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 09:08:41 am »
When I search dichlor on msn.com it tells me it has clorine in it.  My spa says not to use chlorine.  What is a substitute? Im just asking people that use nature 2 what they use and how often.  I dont really know what im doing yet, this is my first spa.

What spa do you have?  My guess is that the instructions say not to use certain chlorines, such as trichlor or bleach.  Dichlor is a chlorine suitable for use in a spa.  It is in granular form and is pH neutral which makes it very safe for spa use.  These forums are great places to start to learn about the different ways to sanitize and balance your water.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 09:08:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42