What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Have you submitted a warrantee claim?  (Read 4230 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Have you submitted a warrantee claim?
« on: February 18, 2006, 01:03:14 pm »
Have you ever used your factory warrantee to have something repaired on your spa? I'm curious what types of claims have been submitted by our forum members.
I'll start:

2005 Envoy:
No warrantee claims thus far (knock on wood).
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Have you submitted a warrantee claim?
« on: February 18, 2006, 01:03:14 pm »

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
Re: Have you submitted a warrantee claim?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 01:05:14 pm »
I'm sure I saw this question somewhere else today?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 11:21:12 am »
My Spa is now 3 years old.  We got a 5 year no-fault warranty.  In year 2 the spa pak failed, it was replaced at no cost to me. In year 3, a pressure switch failed, my dealer had closed down, Dynasty found a guy, the part was replaced and I paid a $29 service call.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 05:17:16 pm »
Envoy, 1 year old (early 2005 model).  The valve that operates the MotoMessage failed, was replaced with a new design valve under warrantee.  After Hurricane Rita the control panel was filled with sand.  The repairman came out and fixed it.  No charge!  I was amazed and very appreciative.

Bill

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 05:31:02 pm »
After Hurricane Rita the control panel was filled with sand.  The repairman came out and fixed it.  No charge!  I was amazed and very appreciative.

Bill

If only FEMA could come through like that.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 01:42:34 am »
Wow, very few warrantee issues here. I would have expected more. Anybody else with warrantee repairs?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 07:41:06 am »
I posted this once already- not sure where it went, but I've had one claim in the past 3 years and it was for the circ. pump.

That was this past November.  No trip charge, and got a "free" heater out of the deal, too.

Brewman

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 12:17:40 pm »
2005 Vanguard:  

- Had a noisy Smartjet lever,  tech replaced but it is still noisy.  Tech said it is a bad design
- Wier door sticking, tech came to look, didn't have the part with him but will replace
- Cover pools water, don't know if this is an issue.  no response from HS.
- One of the foot well jets keeps coming apart.  Haven't called on this, but I think the tech will replace it. (He mentioned something about siliconing them in place when he was here for the weir door , but I don't think that I want that....)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 12:18:33 pm by mxw128 »

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 12:27:07 pm »
'05 Maxxus, shell flaw, replaced no questions asked, superlative performance since.  Awesome dealer and manufacturer support.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 07:58:01 pm »
2005 Vanguard:  

- Cover pools water, don't know if this is an issue.  no response from HS.
If you can, you should open the zipper and flip over the foam board. While you have it out, check for cracks, and also look over the vapor barrier to see if you have any failures in that. If so, close them up with heavy packing tape.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 08:24:41 pm »
If you can, you should open the zipper and flip over the foam board. While you have it out, check for cracks, and also look over the vapor barrier to see if you have any failures in that. If so, close them up with heavy packing tape.

OK...I've always thought about doing this, but was afraid I wouldn't get the foam back in.  Is this really a concern or am I being paranoid?  Should these be checked periodically?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Oh, BTW...stuck heater relay...changed out whole control board.  Been fine since.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 08:26:53 pm by tony »

mxw128

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 09:06:24 pm »

I'll give it a shot. I thought the covers were tapered, (flat on bottom and higher in the center on top) won;t turning it over give me the wrong taper? (or is the shape built into the zippered shell?)

mxw128

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 09:09:32 pm »

Oh, BTW...stuck heater relay...changed out whole control board.  Been fine since.

How hot did your water get with the stuck relay?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 09:15:28 pm »

How hot did your water get with the stuck relay?

It got to about 109 before I shut the spa down.  I'm not sure how much hotter it would have gotten, but I think there is a high limit switch that shuts it off at a certain temp.

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 10:58:55 pm »
I had one warranty issue; the drain valve would not open. I did not use it but wanted it available. I was out of town when the service guy came by but he had to drain it and replace. Glad I did not get my biggest wrench out to break it loose. I would have had an empty tub!

I did the foam in cover inspection on a hot day last year. It was awful trying to get the foam back in. What a job that was in the scalding heat. I was getting a mildew odor from the cover. I think this is usually under the overlayed seams and velcro areas. I wipe them down with bleach or vinegar and haven't had the odor come back. I did find a little slick area that was growing something inside the vinyl cover but not in the foam.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 10:58:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42