What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis spa not holding temp?  (Read 5671 times)

Rosebud

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Marquis spa not holding temp?
« on: January 15, 2006, 12:49:05 pm »
We love our Epic but it has had trouble staying up with the set temp of 104 after an hour of 4 users, even in 45 degree weather....we had a tech ck it out (yes full amps and good electric...only 15 feet from main electic box) it drops down to about 101-102. If we shut down the jets, loose the air injection it still drops to 102 and struggles to hold temp....any ideas? can we put a 5.5 heating element in it (we have a 60 amp breaker)? I think it currently has only a 4.7...

We paid a little higher price for this unit because we wanted dealer support...but no one has given us a solution yet and I would hate to return it under the 30 day warranty

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis spa not holding temp?
« on: January 15, 2006, 12:49:05 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Marquis spa not holding temp?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 01:00:57 pm »
It does have a 5.5 heater....We have not experienced this with anyone....Has your dealer spoken to Marquis to see if they are aware of any glitches that sometimes can occur during the manufacturing process ......
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 01:03:43 pm by Mendocino101 »

Rosebud

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 01:29:53 pm »
Thank you for the response, I am not sure if they have called the MFG but I will check with them on Monday.  Just to confirm based on your experience, the EPIC should be able to hold 104 for an hour with 4 users if it is about 40 degrees F out?  I had a "sales person response" he said that no tub will keep the 104 on a cold evening with the jets running...what happens if its 20 degrees out (typical here in Colorado)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 02:11:39 pm »
Yes....let me ask you....have you looked to see if when the temp drop if starts to heat right away....does the heater come on....

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 04:07:00 pm »
 I had a "sales person response" he said that no tub will keep the 104 on a cold evening with the jets running...what happens if its 20 degrees out (typical here in Colorado)

A.  That is not true.
B.  It sounds like he just doen't want to be bothered.
C.  Hopefully Mendo will get you squared away!

Rosebud

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 04:26:48 pm »
You guys are great.   Yes as soon as the temp drops one degree it shows the heater sign (thermometer), it then does it 30 sec single bar notification on each side of the thermometer (confirm water flow in heater chamber) then shows four bar heating symbol on both sides of thermometer. Could I have a bad element?  If I drop the temp down to 90 and then reset it to 104 with the cover on how long should it take to get back to 104 with no one in it and the cover on?...I am wondering if this is a method of testing the heaters efficiency?

And thanks for the input on the sales person, I was really concerned that the temp loss could be the norm.

Rosebud

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 12:55:05 am »
just an update, a teck came out reset something he referred to as memory???? and found a leg that may not have been fully connected in the tub's electrical box...I am hoping this corrects the issue...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 01:16:24 am »
I am sure it will....I have never heard of anyone having the problem.....with a 5.5 heater..... :D

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 02:35:56 am »
I'd like to talk with the tech... I know your dealer well just PM me with what tech and I will give him a call. It could be that the jumper on the board is not right.

Rosebud

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 11:26:47 pm »
Thanks stuart, it appears it was a loose leg and or the jumper (it was set at the 30 amp and one leg was loose/sparking) thanks for all your help. I would not hesitate to recommend the Epic....my neighbors all want one after visiting!

Rosebud

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 10:42:14 pm »
Well. bad news....I am still having trouble with the epic holding temp....get in at 103, 30 minutes and its at 101, I avoid the quite button (turns heat off) but still having issues....last week it was warm started at 102 and ended up at 99 degrees....is there just too much water for this hearter system?  My dealer (for the past 6 weeks) is still working on it "talking to the factory".  I see that others have had trouble with this same issue...any ideas? I sure love the layout....but I am starting to wonder if this is a design flaw? help!

MarKee

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 01:59:12 am »
Is it on a 50 amp breaker?  There is a jumper setting on the board that turns off the heater while the jets are on high, this is likely your problem.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 12:30:11 pm »
she says she has a 60A breaker...and that a tech corrected the jumper setting...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 12:30:37 pm by ssbraun »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 02:06:12 pm »
You have your spa set for the standard mode and not economy right. I am sure there is something that is causing this, as again We have not had anyone with any issues regarding this.

drprwnap

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 03:18:59 pm »
Let me add my .02 worth.  I noticed that my Epic might have the same problem.  Although the outside temps are a bit colder, I noticed my heater kicks on very quickly. One night (around 20-25 degrees outside), I know the heater came on the first MINUTE I was in the tub.  I get in immediately after uncovering the spa.  The spa is in standard mode all the time.  Any comments, dealers?

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 03:18:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42