What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Going to wet test and is this a good price  (Read 3845 times)

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
Going to wet test and is this a good price
« on: February 20, 2006, 11:48:42 pm »
My  wife and I are going to wet test the HS Vista and Vanguard this week. We like the Grandee, but they don't have one with water in it.  We've looked at the D-1 and I don't like the seats all that well. We're also going to look at a Marquis Epic too.

I've gotten one price so far from a local HS dealer. $9700 for a 2006 Grandee with Ozone system, delivery and set in place, insulated spa cover, Covermate cover lifter, 5-yr upgraded Service Warranty (covers everything) and Starter Chem Kit.  Plus tax.

Seem fair?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 11:51:31 pm by GoBlue »
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Hot Tub Forum

Going to wet test and is this a good price
« on: February 20, 2006, 11:48:42 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: Going to wet test and is this a good price
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 12:19:40 am »
guess that depends on where you are....I'm in southeastern Wisconsin, and I saw an '05 (I THINK it's an '05...) Grandee on the floor. I THINK the only thing it was shy of what you're looking at is the upgraded warranty for about $8200. The dealer also gives a "cash discount" on all tubs of around $350.
Plus this dealer gives an added perk of giving the option of cover lifter or steps with the package. If you want both, then one of them is free, the other is 50% off.
Good luck, whatever you choose. :)
RIP C-Rod

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 12:20:20 am »
Don't sell the D1 short until you wet test. I would test the Marquis Epic and the new D1 Nautilus before making the decision.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 12:27:05 am »
In the Atlanta area an '06 Grandee, with newer double motomassage x2 was about 9K during the "President's Day" sale with everything you noted except the upgraded warranty. Might be more now but probably could still get a price close to that. Don't know what the upraded warranty costs here.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 01:09:51 am »
Wet test the Epic, you'll love it.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 07:25:35 am »
$9700 seems a little high.  I bought a Jacuzzi 385 (top of the line in '05) for $8000 with a similar (maybe better?) warranty but no coverlifter ($150 or so from Doc) in December.

Prices and costs may have gone up.  And I am not saying Jacuzzi is a better tub or anything like that so all you HS guys shouldn't get your panties in a twist.  

Here is a link to the one I bought so you can compare details.  We have the white shell with the gray sides.

http://products.jacuzzi.com/nd/jpmv2.d2w/GLANCE?LENGTH=&WIDTH=&COLLECTION=AND%20CECOLL%3D|~|300|~|&JETS=&HEIGHT=&SEATS=&CAPACITY=&SEARCHREQ=1&NOITEMS=8&PG=J-385&PAGE=
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Iceman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 08:07:41 am »
$9700 is a great price on an '06 Grandee.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 10:30:38 am »
Yes, that is a very good price.  I'm confused about the upgraded warranty, though.  The 5-year parts and labor warranty is standard.

Good luck! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 10:35:43 am »
I stand corrected.......the Grandee I saw IS an '06, and with the cash discount it'll be about $8,200, minus the extended warranty thing....and it's got a "glide rite" cover lift.
RIP C-Rod

Chris_H

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 10:44:26 am »
I would not say the price is great, but it is certainly reasonable.  You will find that for 2006, the Grandee will go for around $9,500 fully loaded.  You are definitely in the ball park.

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 07:25:40 pm »
The sales guy called me this evening and asked if I had made a descision yet. I asked him about the "Upgraded Warranty" that was listed on the quote. He agreed that the HS has a standard five year warranty.  Hmmmm.

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 09:26:40 pm »
I asked the HS dealer here about an extended warranty...maybe she's not 100% "up" on things in the current market, but she said she's never heard of one, unless it's the dealer him/herself offering to back the tub for an extra 5 years over manufacturer warranty...
RIP C-Rod

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 10:00:30 pm »
 I should be able to get a better price when they deduct the upgraded warranty.

Buckee

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 12:00:18 am »
So did you wet test the Vista?  We thought we'd prefer the Grandee til we wet tested, then liked the variety of seats in the Vista better - the Grandee seemed the same all the way around the tub.  Now 3 months later we're glad we went with Vista - the seating is open enough to pack a party crowd in, but when there is just 2 of us there's more variety in the seats.  See other threads in here re sitting in "unconventional" ways - sideways, etc.  Also - there are lots of options to add more rotary jets - big & small - to the current HotSpring models - worth their weight in gold. Rotaries in the footwell are amazing.

'05 Vista with ozonator, silver ion, Tri-X filters, cover & lifter, steps, towel rack, 3 extra rotary jets, breaker box, & crane delivery to 2nd story deck = $9070 in Virginia last September.  Good luck & keep your mind open - you'll love whatever you get!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 12:00:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42