What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa Frog system run away?  (Read 13031 times)

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
Re: spa Frog system run away?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2006, 08:28:08 pm »
Jane & Russ,

I'm hoping a picture is worth a thousand words.

Pry off the cap with a small screwdriver. Remove and throw away the spacer inside. The spacer is there so they don't have to put in as many tablets. :( Don't worry about the cartridge within the cartridge. Just make sure they're both dry (I leave them in the dish drainer for a couple of nights).
You can see I can fit 9 of the bromine tablets - a few more than they give you because they insert the spacer to limit the number of tablets.
I can send you a larger picture if the detail is not good enough.  

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2006, 08:28:08 pm »

MarKee

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2006, 09:36:14 pm »
Marquis owners be on the look out for the new and improved bromine cartridge that has 200ppm of bromine instead of 150ppm.  You should see it at your dealer in the next few months...

Jane and Russ

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2006, 11:05:33 pm »
Thanks, Phil for the picture. We got the cap off and got 7 or 8 tablets inside. The "spacer" did not seem to want to be removed, but we will try harder next time.

Another question. Now we have tablets in the cart, and originally it had granules. Do the granules dissipate at the same rate as the tablets? We left the setting at 2, like we had for the granules. Our original cart lasted us about 3 weeks, and there were still some granules when we opened it today.

Jane

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2006, 11:49:28 pm »
Thanks, Phil for the picture. We got the cap off and got 7 or 8 tablets inside. The "spacer" did not seem to want to be removed, but we will try harder next time.

Another question. Now we have tablets in the cart, and originally it had granules. Do the granules dissipate at the same rate as the tablets? We left the setting at 2, like we had for the granules. Our original cart lasted us about 3 weeks, and there were still some granules when we opened it today.

Jane

I don't see how you can fit in the tablets without removing the spacer but if you have 7 or 8 tablets, that'll be fine.
I don't know anything about granules in the cartridge, just the tablets. That's all that were ever in my cartridges. My guess is yours also had tablets but over the 3 weeks it has disssolved to just the granules. Or maybe not.
Anyway, I need to switch out the cartridge about every 3 weeks or so.

Phil
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 11:49:59 pm by Phil_ »

Jane and Russ

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 11:19:47 am »
Thanks again, Phil. I am sure your are right, that I had tablets in the original cartridge. By the end of its time, they had broken down, and I had assumed I had granules. What is the importance of making sure the cartridge is dry? We filled it right up and put it back in the hot tub. We don't have 2 cartridges yet to change them out, but I will be ordering a new one before the next change. Jane

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 11:31:05 am »
...What is the importance of making sure the cartridge is dry? We filled it right up and put it back in the hot tub. We don't have 2 cartridges yet to change them out, but I will be ordering a new one before the next change. Jane

Jane,
You hit the nail on the head. I have a couple of cartridges so I make it a point to dry out the 2nd one before I refill it. That way, I can store it and know I won't have a mess in my cabinet.
If you just have the one cartridge, it makes no difference, wet or dry.
Enjoy, ;D

Phil

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2006, 07:47:35 pm »
OK guys.  The Frog company is changing the cartridges to make them much much harder to open.  But they have dropped the price $1 and are introducing the GREEN Bromine cartridge which will last longer than the yellow cartridge for those of you who use your spa almost everday.  Most Marquis users will.  It should last closer to 4 weeks now.  Be on the look out.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2006, 11:00:15 pm »
OK guys.  The Frog company is changing the cartridges to make them much much harder to open.

OK, folks: read between the lines! ;)
Buy your cartridges now before your local spa shop switches over to the harder to open kind!!! ;D

Phil

MarKee

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2006, 01:14:34 am »
I doubt the new green cartridges will be harder to open.  The new cartridges should last 4-6 weeks instead of the typical 3-4 that the yellow last.  How long they last depends on the usage and the size of the tub.

Snyper

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006, 01:14:53 am »
OK, folks: read between the lines! ;)
Buy your cartridges now before your local spa shop switches over to the harder to open kind!!! ;D

Phil

Too late for me it looks like. I have two, well one now after ripping the top off of one.

I was able to salvage one that should work alright.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006, 01:14:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42