What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Hot Tub Nightmare  (Read 9349 times)

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
Re: Hot Springs Hot Tub Nightmare
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 11:24:03 am »
This story reminds me of the day i was pulling my old boat up to the boat ramp.  It was an old Boston Whaler that served me for years and I could dock it with my eyes closed.  I saw a guy who was obviously a new boater backing in a brand new Ski Nautique which costs around 40k.  I floated in the distance and waited for him to finish and get plenty of distance from me.

As he loaded the boat into the lake, it began to fill up with water and nearly sank by the time I left.  He was pissed that the dealer hadn't told him to put the drain plug in the bilge, as I would have been as well.

I'm nearly positive the warranty did not cover this but hopefully a dealer with good ethics did.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 11:25:07 am by orlandoguy »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 11:24:03 am »

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 05:58:55 pm »
Boat ramp stories are almost legend.  I was in Essex, Mass. a few years ago.  Guy had a new Cadillac Escalade, new very expensive boat that he was trying to retrieve.  He didn't know how to back up his trailer, a fairly common starting point for trouble.  He was screaming at his wife who was trying to hold the boat lines on the dock and direct him at the same time.  In part because he was a screamer nobody wanted to help, but we all wanted to watch.  Well to make a long story short, the Cadillac ended up underneath the boat in 20 plus feet of saltwater, the bow of the boat was pulled straight down with stern up (the boat was literally vertical, we are talking about a 28 foot Pursuit for those of you who know boats), just an amazing sight.  The Coast Guard Auxillary guys were there doing courtesy safety inspections and one old guy said he thought he has seen it all, but this was unique.  

Boat, car, and marriage were all a total loss.  

Bill

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 09:31:19 pm »
and for the replacements...... there's mastercard! except for the marraige part....usually ;) ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 09:31:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42