What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: which hot tub to choose?  (Read 3976 times)

scrappyrn

• Can I stamp and scrapbook in my hottub?
which hot tub to choose?
« on: February 19, 2006, 01:28:18 pm »
I know this has been asked before, but I am planning to go with one of the local dealers to get my hot tub.  The closest dealer has Hot springs and D1.  I like this dealer and am planning to wet test this week.  However they charge for warrenty service calls-unless I am mistaken.  The other tubs I am considering also due to dealer location is Sundance, LA spas, Sunrise, and i think is a Jacuzzi dealer at Harrows, which also isn't too far from me.  I am going to a "Spa Show" today which has Down east spas, hawkeye spas, & barefoot spas.  Other spa dealers are about 1 hour away and I am not sure that I want to travel.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated

TIA
Caren

Hot Tub Forum

which hot tub to choose?
« on: February 19, 2006, 01:28:18 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: which hot tub to choose?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 01:37:40 pm »
lots of members on here love the Hot Spring, but from what I've seen, I THINK Jacuzzi has a little better warranty. If warranty is your main concern, look for a dealer that sells a tub with what you need. If you're looking for quality tubs with quality warranties, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi are all good names, IMHO...
About Down East spas...from what I just learned through the Jacuzzi/HS dealer in town here, they either ARE or WERE produced by Jacuzzi, but I think it was a lower grade lineup. A friend of ours has one, and is going through part replacement right now, and has the part on order...Situation being from what I understand, when they bought the house, the tub came with, they started having "no heat" issues.....now they get to pay around $600 to fix that, because (forgive me if I'm WAY off base) the pump needs replacing because DEs setup doesn't allow for just the heater replacement....that or there's a ring/seal that's bad and instead of a hundred or two to fix, it's quite a bit more...Seems that the tub's rather "Frankensteined", but that COULD be due to it NOT being new, and the previous owners way of fixing, not due to the company farming out for parts....
IMHO I'd suggest HS, D1 and Jacuzzi....Guess Sundance would be up there, too....
RIP C-Rod

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 01:39:30 pm »
Some dealers will charge a travel charge depending how far away you are but most good warranties include Parts & Labor, so there should not be a service charge IMO.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 02:00:32 pm »
As has been said before ... go with the tub that YOU like from a dealer that YOU like.

Most manufacturers have similar warranties, ask to read the warranty if that concerns you. HS, Jacuzzi or any major player knows what others are doing so they wouldn't skimp on this IMO, the fee is something that the dealer is imposing.

Iceman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 02:29:46 pm »
Down East spas are the lower priced spa line made by Master Spa. As far as the Spa show with the Down East and other lines of spas mentioned this sounds like a Master Spa extravaganza. Master Spa makes a decent product but you would be better off buying from a MS dealer  rather from one of their traveling shows. IMO

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 05:09:58 pm »
Tatoo,
Is that info coming from teh dealer. Down East are not Jacuzzi prducts adn the Hot Springs and Jacuzzi warranties should be very similar.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 07:56:06 pm »
THAT was it......down east = master spa, not jacuzzi *slaps forehead* my bad, that's what the dealer said, but I got names mixed up in my head.... so sorry.  :-[
RIP C-Rod

scrappyrn

• Can I stamp and scrapbook in my hottub?
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 12:17:45 pm »
Thanks for your help.  I am still confused.  I am going to start wet testing this week and i hope that will help me get closer to a decision.  I am still open to any more advice/opinions, etc.

Caren

OKC

• We love LA
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 12:23:54 pm »
Cant speak for other brands but we bought an LA Spa and love it.  Im sure the local store had alot to do with our purchase.  Customer service is very important.

Good luck,
OKC

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 12:41:00 pm »
Thanks for your help.  I am still confused.  I am going to start wet testing this week and i hope that will help me get closer to a decision.  I am still open to any more advice/opinions, etc.

Caren

The only advice I can give is to look at as many tubs as possible and pick the brand/dealer you like the best. There's a lot of nice tubs out there and limiting yourself to a few will limit your possibliites. I "happened upon" my tub by accident by visiting a dealer not expecting too much and I foud "THE TUB" for me.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 12:44:08 pm »
Just bought a new spa and I can only repeat the advice I heard here, wet test, wet test, wet test. And while you are at it don't be afraid to wet test!

I thought I wanted a spa with an open design but found I liked loungers more than I thought. But I ended up going back to an open design in the end. My girlfriend was into STRONG neck and foot jets and so that was also a priority for us and played a big role in the final choice.

I also agree with the sentiment that it is rare to complain about having too much spa if your wallet and the space you are putting it in can handle it. But it would be easy to regret buying one that proves too small. While I know it will mostly be just the two of us I was adamant about getting one that would be comfortable for at least four and really looked at what foot room in the well would be like with four people. That is what finally brought me back to an open four corner design. I could make most any corner seat into a semi lounger using the large hump in the foot well with excellent foot jets but I didn't lose any seat room the way a lounger does.

Now I just hope I can fit my new spa in the backyard!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 04:36:00 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 12:44:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42