What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Should I buy a white spa  (Read 6205 times)

jgirvine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Should I buy a white spa
« on: February 16, 2006, 09:19:17 pm »
I have been offered a Dimension 1, 2002, Triad 2 used spa for sale. I need advice please. Doing internet reserch this seems like a good brand...any comments? Second question, the spa is white, will the color be a problem? Thanks for any comments.

Hot Tub Forum

Should I buy a white spa
« on: February 16, 2006, 09:19:17 pm »

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
Re: Should I buy a white spa
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:06:13 pm »
Hi,
The Dimension One Spas with the white finish will not be a problem. Companies like Dimension One and Hot Springs mad thousands of spas with the white Thermo Plastic or Rovel, as it was called. The material will last for years. Consider adding a LED Light, to add rainbow of color choices. Remember, to ask the seller to have the spa filled and fully operational and hot, for you to inspect, to be sure all components are working properly, as this spa will not have a warranty. Most manufacturers will not transfer a warranty to a second owner. Goodluck. Dave.

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 12:30:39 am »
My first tub was a dark green and I used it mostly after sundown.  When it started leaking and I decided to replace it, I wondered if I would like a white tub.  The local Marquis dealer loaned me an 8" square sample of their white tub material.  I took it out where the tub was one dark, moonless night and found the white was too "visible," that it was too "light" for my taste.  In other words, even though it was dark outside, I could still see the white of that sample.  Combine that with the fact that I was used to a dark tub and I decided my new tub would be a dark color.  

Now, on the other hand, I'll be the first to admit that pictures I've seen of white tubs with that LED light on look a whole lot cooler than my tub does.  The dark color of my tub means the LED light on my tub lights up only that one end of the tub.

Finally, keep in mind that my first tub came with my house.  Had it been a lighter color, I might have had a different opinion.  But I'm quite happy with what I have now.

Hope this helps.

Jim

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 03:03:59 am »
The white [Desert Horizon] looked too much like a kitchen sink for my wife, and I had to agree with her. We decided on Black Pearl as it was more sophisticated looking w/ the Stainless jets and had huge silver swirls. I can't imagine the [whiteish colours now. There's generally so much light pollution everywhere that you notice sitting outside, that after a while that I would probably find it like sitting in a flashlight lens.

But tons of people around say the colour is totally hip and more like giant bathtub, I suppose. There are some things more important and if the price is really good, why be fussy? It often depends on what you get used to.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 09:02:48 am »
        Should I buy a white spa?

Um, I think that's a  persnonal choice.....have you had "relations" with other hot tubs? If so, I think getting white may be "inappropriate"   ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 10:26:26 am »
My tub is a pearl white, but I love it.  My parents had a blue marble when I was a kid and have a blue granite now.  I have no preference between the colors, but I do prefer the look of the smooth surface over granite.  I wouldn't let color break a deal if everything else was perfect.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 11:36:42 am »
       Should I buy a white spa?

Um, I think that's a  persnonal choice.....have you had "relations" with other hot tubs? If so, I think getting white may be "inappropriate"   ::)

drew, thats just wrong  ;D

D1 is a good brand. ive toured their factory, they have their act together from a manufacturing standpoint.
just make sure you ask for the tub to be filled/hot/ready for you to check out. if the price is right and it fits your needs, i dont think it would be a bad choice.

hope this helps.
Marquis dealer

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 04:59:42 pm »
yes

I have always owned white or as near white as I can get. One of the worst statements that I've ever heard a salesperson make really stuck with me. He said, "this dark color really hides the dirt"......ewww! Who wants to hide dirt!?

First off that's a complete crock, Dark colors have a tendency to look dirtier because they show water spots and calcification. Again...If my spa is dirty I want to know immediately before I get in it. White let's me do that.

Now are you ready for the big HS/D1 pitch that I've used for years?

"look at appliance colors mr/mrs customer, we went from white to avocado green to white to harvest gold to white to black to white to stainless to white to brushed aluminum and now back to white.”

White is timeless, you will eventually get tiered of the darker colors or they will become dated trends.

Finally, you get into the spa 90% of the time at night, in which case the color of your cover matter more than the color of your shell. Unless of course you want a light show and then white is essential.

I'm amazed at how many people agonize over the color of the spa and don't get to emotional about the cover color.

BTW, do you get the idea that I that I think white is the best color?  8)

Oh and the Triad is one of the best 3 person spas ever made.....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 05:00:40 pm by stuart »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 05:21:29 pm »
I have to agree with stuart on the color. I have "silver marble" which is white with gray "marble" streaks. When I was choosing the color the one thing I was worried about is a spa that looks dated.

The only other color I wanted was the black granite. I thought it would look cool with SS jets and it probably would but I bought the LED light and I knew then I needed a light tub.

We've all seen those pink swirly "marble" tubs that screams '70's ... I was even worried about my color.

If you like the color, get it. So far my color has been really easy to keep clean and I would imagine an all white tub would be just as easy.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 05:25:27 pm by Vinny »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 05:24:52 pm »
Funny you should say that Vinny, that silver swirl was just as popular in the late 80's and early 90's as it is now but the Navy, cranberry and teal swirl have come and gone without near as much attention.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 05:41:30 pm »
I like the white.

The material is very similar to "Rovel," or "Endural," the white material HotSpring uses.

It is easy to live with.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 05:45:23 pm »
Let us not forget those other favorite spa colors from the 80's. Remember Sequoia, Sky Blue Marble and Brown Marble. Back then we had 3 or 4 color choices. Every spa had 4 or 5 jets, a 1 HP Pump, 1 HP Air Blower and Light. No Electronics, just 3 air buttons. And no cover lifters. Dave.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 08:40:12 pm »
I'm glad to hear I'm in style with my tub ... it's probably the only thing I've ever done stylish. My dealer had her Piper Glen in that color and I thought it looked very attractive so I copied it.

One color that I think is odd is a color that Emerald Spa puts out, it's a black with brown swirl ... I don't find it attractive at all.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 08:40:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42