What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pics - Hot tub Gadgets and Toys  (Read 9615 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Pics - Hot tub Gadgets and Toys
« on: February 16, 2006, 07:58:53 am »
Everyone, if you've got a gadget (cover saver, thermal blanket, bromine floater, etc)  or toy (rubber duckies, other g-rated stuff), post a picture and a comment if you like it really well, or hate it....
..it'll give us newbies a better idea of what's available, what works, what doesn't.....
If you're feeling spunky, you could also post a list of the chemicals you use in your tub (along with a pic of how clear/cloudy/crappy the water is)
This could be very picture intensive.....
Let's go!
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

Pics - Hot tub Gadgets and Toys
« on: February 16, 2006, 07:58:53 am »

Snowbird

• What did he say?
Re: Pics - Hot tub Gadgets and Toys
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 01:08:46 pm »
Okay T-Lady... I'll be the 1st with the blanket pictures I promised.

Open half the cover.  My cover is wetter than usual because I just washed the blanket
and just now put it back.  With the blanket in place, the cover is dry.

Fold the blanket over the cover but let it drip into the tub a little before laying it flat.

Lift the cover.  The natural stiffness of the blanket will allow it to hang over the water to drip.

When it is done dripping tuck it between the cover and spa to keep it from interfering with the soak.

E Z P Z Jap-aneezee - Brooks Hatlin (James Whitmore) The Shawshank Redemption 1994
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 01:17:11 pm »
Sowbird,

why an insulation blanket on an inside tub?  Looks like a messy wet pain to me?

Speaking of gadgets, a firend gave this to my wife:

From the Sharper Image:

"It looks like a toy and it is — for grown-ups: Rub-A-Duckie is a floating, waterproof, vibrating massager that's designed for bath-time relaxation. It delights like any little rubber ducky but switch it on and Rub-A-Duckie's underside vibrates with enough massaging power to pleasantly soothe away muscle tension and soreness.

Handy size is 4 1/2" long. Battery-powered massager is not a toy for younger children; it runs on 2 AA batteries (order separately). 90-day warranty. "

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productdetails.jhtml?sku=EV001
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 01:26:34 pm »
Thanks, Snowbird! hey, is that a "typical" closed cell blanket, or is that a little more rugged version?
They don't look that rigid to me...maybe it's just because it's so lightweight? And you don't have the blanket leash, correct? (I didn't see anything  out of the ordinary...)

drewstar, that's cute! Bet it'd work great in the hot tub with the rest of the massage goin' on....only thing I'd
worry about is if someone decided to "clean" the tub and threw it onto the deck or other hard surface,
thinking it was a regular rubber duckie....otherwise, I likes.
RIP C-Rod

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 02:15:09 pm »
drew - The blanket keeps the cover dry and slows chemical gas off.  As I said before, I wasn't really keen on the blanket until I got it and then I became a fan.

As fars a drippy mess, it is actually better than no blanket at all.  The cover was always wet and opening it would allow water to drip behind the tub.  It held on to the water longer.  We had to mop up after each use.

The blanket seems to shed water quicker so it is dryer when the tub is opened up if you follow the procedure I outlined.  We haven't mopped behind the tub since we started using the blanket.

T-Lady - no leash.  I think it would complicate the process and prohibit the drain in Steps 1 and 2.  Plus I am in no big hurry to poke 3 holes into my cover.  That is just another place for moisture to enter and for the vinyl to tear.

Mmmm.  A waterproof vibrator.  Wait til SWMBO hears about that.   ::)  If it comes in different shapes she might like it too much and won't need me.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 02:35:07 pm »

My favorite accessory.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 02:49:05 pm »
The picture of my "favorite" accessory would get me banned here.  ;D
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 02:57:34 pm »

Mmmm.  A waterproof vibrator.  Wait til SWMBO hears about that.   ::)  If it comes in different shapes she might like it too much and won't need me.

There's a few different vibrating duckies, including a new mini travel size  ;D

http://www.stockroom.com/b367.htm

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 03:00:33 pm »
I would ask why anyone would need a flock of miniature vibrating duckies.....but I don't think I want to know.
SO...how about them......uh......ozonators.....or storage steps......or towel and robe holders that fold down and out of sight when not in use? *LOL* I'm trying to NOT get this topic locked........
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 03:15:39 pm »

There's a few different vibrating duckies, including a new mini travel size  ;D

http://www.stockroom.com/b367.htm

And this version which seems to be for a more...ahh...errr, ummmm...  "intimate" massage:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 03:16:21 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 03:31:19 pm »
*COUGH*  so uh......does anyone have the fold outta the way towel rack that mounts to the tub?
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 03:46:55 pm »
*COUGH*  so uh......does anyone have the fold outta the way towel rack that mounts to the tub?

My wife had me install this on the tub. she insists it makes a big difference. She absolutey loves it, and logn after I go in the house after a soak, she's out there  well into the night folding towels,

Why do you ask?
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 03:49:50 pm »
My wife had me install this on the tub. she insists it makes a big difference. She absolutey loves it, and logn after I go in the house after a soak, she's out there  well into the night folding towels,
Why do you ask?

Diverting the topic back onto the road. *lol* There are a LOT of cool things out there.....but like everything else....some only SEEM cool, and are actually a pain in the *ahem*. That was just one of the things I'd seen and considered.  
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 03:57:38 pm »
Diverting the topic back onto the road. *lol* There are a LOT of cool things out there.....but like everything else....some only SEEM cool, and are actually a pain in the *ahem*. That was just one of the things I'd seen and considered.  

Welll, she just  loves the towel bar. I can tell you that much.

Funny, She insisted I paint it black.

Strange. i thought the natural wood color was fine, but nope... She wanted it a different color.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 03:59:45 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 05:23:43 pm »

And this version which seems to be for a more...ahh...errr, ummmm...  "intimate" massage:

You got any idea how many of those you can hang on a folding towel rack?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 05:23:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42