What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Cover  (Read 6822 times)

hymbaw

Re: Spa Cover
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 03:19:58 pm »
There isn't one...there's Two!

What do you imagine those two BLACK FOAM FILLED NYLON DOOHICKIES conveniently placed at each end of the cover are for? ;D
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 03:19:58 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 03:22:03 pm »
There isn't one...there's Two!

What do you imagine those two BLACK FOAM FILLED NYLON DOOHICKIES conveniently placed at each end of the cover are for? ;D

Actually they look more like handles to grab onto from the side to help lift the cover than as an insualtion block.  Perhaps they are dual purpose. ?  :)  

Actaully Tatto, if they close up and seal the gap you should be ok.  

« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 03:25:19 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 03:26:22 pm »
yep, I'm thinking HANDLES.....They didn't strike me as anything else......they're nylon webbing.

EDIT: I'll check and recheck to see if they do anything.....however, I wonder what the actual level of workable insulation is in that cover, if that's all they provide.....I may get a second cover just for peace of mind.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 03:28:19 pm by Tatooed_Lady »
RIP C-Rod

hymbaw

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 03:31:19 pm »
Drewstar, If you felt them you could tell that they are meant as a seal. With both sides of the loop together (as it would be with the cover closed) they are almost an inch thick!

the main point being that in the original picture it appears as if there is a gap between the two sides of the cover....'Tis not the case, it is sealed.

Would a linear seal be better? Probably. That being said the vast majority of Mfg. only have seals on the ends. As does Great Lakes.

Peace Out
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 03:33:05 pm »
I think that was hym's way of saying
"told ya so!  :P "
Hehehe....at that rate, I THINK I was wrong....but I'm still going to go heavy on the insulation worries for winter.
Thanks!
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 03:33:13 pm »
Drewstar, If you felt them you could tell that they are meant as a seal. With both sides of the loop together (as it would be with the cover closed) they are almost an inch thick!

the main point being that in the original picture it appears as if there is a gap between the two sides of the cover....'Tis not the case, it is sealed.

Would a linear seal be better? Probably. That being said the vast majority of Mfg. only have seals on the ends. As does Great Lakes.

Peace Out

....and they look like they would compress to ensure a fairly tight seal.  
:)
07 Caldera Geneva

hymbaw

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 03:35:55 pm »
yep, I'm thinking HANDLES.....They didn't strike me as anything else......they're nylon webbing.

EDIT: I'll check and recheck to see if they do anything.....however, I wonder what the actual level of workable insulation is in that cover, if that's all they provide.....I may get a second cover just for peace of mind.

Tatted Lady,
Great Lakes tubs come standard with a cover that has a 4" to 2" taper. They offer a cover with a 5" to 4" taper as an option. We get an extra $150 for it. Ask your dealer.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 03:42:21 pm »

Tatted Lady,
 Great Lakes tubs come standard with a cover that has a 4" to 2" taper. They offer a cover with a 5" to 4" taper as an option. We get an extra $150 for it. Ask your dealer.

Hymbaw

How are these tubs  insulated? I couldn't find any info on the web site.?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 03:42:39 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 03:44:53 pm »

Tatted Lady,

Another silly question then.....is the 5/4 cover WORTH the $150 over the cost of the 4/2? If it's that much better, I might bite on upgrading right off, if it's an option.
RIP C-Rod

hymbaw

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 04:37:07 pm »
Drewstar,

They are insulated with closed cell foam covering all the plumbing but not "full foam".

Tatts,

Tell your dealer to throw one in or no deal. He'll do it.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 05:29:11 pm »
tat

no worries on the "EPIC" quote. just trying to keep that "quality brand" rating in good standing  ;)
Marquis dealer

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 10:55:40 pm »
Tatts,

Tell your dealer to throw one in or no deal. He'll do it.

After seeing how the "other half lives" (dealers that ENJOY seeing people happy with spas) not bloody likely
the GL dealer will do anything for me other than flip me off when I leave their lot.....There are a few "smaller"
things that bug me about the GL dealer....and there's a HS/Jacuzzi dealer up the road that is MORE than happy
to bend over backwards like the liquid lady ...unbelievable.  Actions and attitudes speak louder
than all the perks they could drag themselves to add....because, ya KNOW I wouldn't want to put anyone
OUT when they're at work.....  ::)
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 10:55:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42