What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The First Blizzard of '06  (Read 5379 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
The First Blizzard of '06
« on: February 12, 2006, 08:37:20 pm »
Well after a slow start here in central NJ, the blizzard came and went. I am disappointed that I wasn't awake for the heavy snowfall but since it was supposed to be windy, I wasn't going in anyway. I was looking forward to a soak as the snow falls gently ... maybe next year.

Went in tonight and it was great! Temp was about 20º, my youngest went in with me, it was calm and it appears to be a full moon. It was so peaceful out there and the soak felt great as my body was stiffening up from snow removal ... The whole scenario makes it worth the money!

Hot Tub Forum

The First Blizzard of '06
« on: February 12, 2006, 08:37:20 pm »

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: The First Blizzard of '06
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 09:09:09 pm »
Hi Vinny,
We got about 12 to 16 inches of snow around my area, (North of Boston).  After using snowblower on driveway, shovel on walkway & stairs, now I get to shovel out hot tub! When I was shopping for a hot tub, I never saw an ad with a guy with a shovel, smiling about clearing out hot tub??? And mine is on the north side of house and the snow driffs and piles up between sliding door and tub. I'll be in mine in about an hour, paperwork first???
john

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 09:46:26 pm »
Vinny,
15 inches of the white stuff here in Southern Jersey. I have 3 spa deliveries scheduled for the next three days. One of the customers said he would plow his yard, so we could still bring his tub on Tuesday, as scheduled. Should be a fun week. Dave.

spiman

• Tub is in!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 08:48:13 am »

Couple of pictures from my place here in Central PA
[/img]
Have at it!

spiman

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 08:53:45 am »

View from under the porch where I am going to install tub. Just finalized the deck plans with a buddy of mine last night.............soon! 8)
Have at it!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 09:28:29 am »
Last night was fantastic in the tub! We got 18 inches of snow! The moon was full and it was so bright and beautiful. My kids were exhausted from playing all night. When they found out there would be a 2 hour delay for school, they stayed out and built a fort in the snow. They were too tired to even go into the tub, so it was hubby and me. I don't know Vinny, it doesn't get much better than this..although I still think we will get the chance to soak while the snow is falling this season... ;)
Spiman, your view is beautiful!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 09:42:47 am »
I was hoping that my whole family would have gone in but they didn't.

I spent 2 1/2 hours yeaterday snow blowing my neighbor's and my properties. I spent a hour snow shoveling my deck and tub's cover. I was really looking forward to soaking and it was a beautiful night.

It really doesn't get much better than that!

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 10:08:15 am »
We got about 12 here in S Jersey and I ALWAYS make sure I shovel out the tub first.  It seems to make the job that much easier knowing you have the tub waiting....I got done before lunch when it was still snowing lightly so I jumped right in...my wife and kids went in again last night...

My tub got delivered on Feb of 03 right after a major storm and I had to shovel my deck to make room for it.  The first soak we had was surrounded by snow....what a feeling!!!

Bigbender

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 02:34:28 pm »
Spiman,
When I saw how much snow you had on your car, I realized that you're probably not too far from us in central Pa. We're just south of Altoona and we got about 3 or 4 inches too. Everybody to the east of us got a lot more snow. Just curious...(and you don't have to be specific), but where are you located ?

Your view from the tub isn't a whole lot different from ours. It's pretty cool to sit in the hot tub while you watch squirrels, turkeys and deer running around in the back yard.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 02:51:38 pm »
A lot of times, after shoveling and snow blowing, I am a bit overheated to go into the tub.  

I usually have to wait a bit, and then later that night, when my arm is a bit sore, grab a drink, light the tiki tourch, and jump into the tub.  ahhhhhhh.

/lifting  the snow blower up on top of the tub to clear the cover is a pain in the neck.   ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

spiman

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 02:59:39 pm »
We had 7 inches here. Northern Lebanon county. It is great to live in and amogst the little critters. Lived there 8 years and had a bald eagle sighting twice in the last 3 months, that was a first. A couple of months ago had 4 turkeys go to roost for the night on branches that hung over the top of the house. Have a deer feeder way out in front, yeah I love it. 8)
Have at it!

Brookenstein

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 05:01:03 pm »
We missed out on the snow.   :'(

Its 86 right now.  I personally would prefer the snow... it's February afterall, it shouldn't be in the 80's.

:)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 06:05:07 pm »
Snow!!!,,,GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I'm so sick of snow!!!

Come on Spring
Retired

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 09:39:37 pm »
Snow!!!,,,GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I'm so sick of snow!!!

Come on Spring

Aw come on, it's the first real snow fall in the NJ area ... us newbies want snow! :)

And drewstar, you need a ramp so that you don't have to lift the snow blower! ;)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 05:47:49 am »
Aw come on, it's the first real snow fall in the NJ area ... us newbies want snow! :)

But it makes your feet wet and cold, it is sposed to be below 0 this week for a high on a couple days, this will be heading east after it is done here so hang on, next week there will be a cold snap. We need to push the frost down a bit more cause the ground is muddy and my wife hates it.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 05:47:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42