What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pics of tubs with lights  (Read 2946 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Pics of tubs with lights
« on: February 13, 2006, 10:21:26 am »
One feature included with the tub we're getting is "soft glo" lighting. Unfortunately, the only tub in the dealership that's hooked up and running is one WITHOUT lights (and a couple models down from ours), so I haven't had a chance to really see what the lights will do. They're apparently LEDs that do some 12 step program from fading, to steady to disco flash to strip club experience (minus the pole, I think?), there's the main light in the base of the tub, as well as 4 drink holders that light up, and 4 lights mounted on the cabinet (2 are mounted now on access panel side, 2 will be mounted after installation).
Does anyone have pics of what their tub looks like with lights going in the dark? I would think it to look cool...maybe listen to some Pink Floyd with the slow fade going, relaxing to the point of being semi-comatose....spatopia is just around the bend!
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

Pics of tubs with lights
« on: February 13, 2006, 10:21:26 am »

drprwnap

Re: Pics of tubs with lights
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 11:36:16 am »
to strip club experience (minus the pole, I think?)

Well if your au natural with your man, there could be a pole  :D

I would think it to look cool...maybe listen to some Pink Floyd with the slow fade going, relaxing to the point of being semi-comatose....

That would be "Comfortably Numb"!

drprwnap  :D

ps. what brand/model are you talking about?
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 11:39:14 am »
We have a similer setup in our Optima, not quite as fancy though.  It's just basic LED's that slowly shift thru 7 different color combinations, or can be set to just constantly display one color.  Cost a couple Benjamin's, but I enjoy the effects.  I'll have to shoot some photos one day.  I owe Doc a photo of my spa with his hurricane strap attached anyway.
Ask them to demo the lights in that downline spa- you should still get an idea of the effect.  If they refuse, ask if they'll let you remove this and at no cost swap back to regular lighting if you don't like it.  Maybe that'd be incentive for them to fill up that other spa.

What brand of spa is this, and what are they asking for the light upgrade, if you don't mind sharing that info.
You may have a couple people here with the exact same setup, or at least a couple dealers who could help if they knew what brand.
Brewman

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 12:25:09 pm »
We're getting a Great Lakes Leelanau (7 person) with the granite finish (I think it's moonscape?). It's an '05 floormodel that's had water in it for demonstrations (of course it's dry now that WE are in the market....), so no extra cost for any of the "perks", but includes the soft glo lighting, step, cover butler, chemicals, and delivery for around $5900.
The ONLY spa that they've got up and running is a Forte' (4 person), and doesn't come equipped with the lighting, which is why I'm jonesing for pics. *lol* I saw one that looks similar to what I THINK it'll look like on a dealer website (texashottubs.com or something like that), but yanno....it's never enough to see just one faraway pic...
I can't wait to see what the jets are all like, since I can apparently purchase (for a 'price', I'm sure) replacements for the 3" and 5" that are in there now.
I've also seen some of Terminator's "pic of the day", and ummmm.....yikes? almost underaged T&A or migrating hair/bellylines.....something about seeing a guy with a hairline that starts the middle of his NECK and goes south from there that just doesn't do it for me. *lol*
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 12:28:15 pm by Tatooed_Lady »
RIP C-Rod

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 12:27:24 pm »
Well if your au natural with your man, there could be a pole  :D

Shhhhhhhhh!!!! Don't give him any ideas he hasn't had already! Although.....he's already had THAT one....
We're trying to use 'scare tactics' on my 14 year old son....told him to watch out cuz we FULLY intend on "bathing in the buff" when the tub comes....he just looked at me with HUGE eyes and said "that's WAY MORE than I wanted to know! EEEEWWWW!!!!!"
RIP C-Rod

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 10:24:40 pm »
I have a diamond back spa with 40 led lights around the top and also in the foot well. They change to 8 different colors. It has a fade mode that goes through the different colors, a just on and off mode that cycles through the colors. You can also lock on to any of the colors, or put it in strobe light mode. It is great I love it.

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 03:04:44 pm »
this is what I'm talking about.....the pics don't have to be brand specific.....I'm just a very visual person, I suppose, and I've always enjoyed seeing "pretty lights" when it's dark out.
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1125669654

(I'd have just posted the pics, but I'm not sure how...shhhhhhhh)
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 03:04:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42