What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What constitutes the "Big 10" of spas?  (Read 3070 times)

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
What constitutes the "Big 10" of spas?
« on: February 13, 2006, 02:43:05 pm »
Guessing in no particular order:

Hot Springs, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Caldera, Marquis, Dimension One, Artisan, Coleman, Vita, Arctic, Cal, Nordic, Dynasty?

That is 13 already and Bullfrog isn't on the list...
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

What constitutes the "Big 10" of spas?
« on: February 13, 2006, 02:43:05 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: What constitutes the "Big 10" of spas?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 02:45:23 pm »
What are you basing the scale on? I assume sales?  
07 Caldera Geneva

RatedRsuperstar

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 02:53:18 pm »
From my research I would say in no order
Sundance, Jacuzzi, Caldera, Marquis, Dimension 1, Artic, Cal, Bullfrog, Hot Spring and Master.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 03:03:08 pm »
What are you basing the scale on? I assume sales?  

Actually I was just listing my own guesses. Tatooed Lady mentioned in another thread something about the "Top 10 tubs" and I was just wondering out loud if that was an actual list.

There's so much info available on the "top 10 tubs", but since I'm not buying one of those, I need to dig DEEP to find the little I have so far

I would guess sales is what it would be based on.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 03:40:46 pm »
Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different opinions. There isn't a list of spas that's worth anything. Sales could be a criteria but does that make it a quality tub - no. As far as quality, not everyone uses the same criteria for that as well. Is it comfort? Well everyone rates comfort differently ... this is the problem with "Top 10" lists.

My list wouldn't include some of the companies mentioned due to various reasons. It doesn't make it a right list just a Vinny's list.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 03:47:57 pm »

Actually I was just listing my own guesses. Tatooed Lady mentioned in another thread something about the "Top 10 tubs" and I was just wondering out loud if that was an actual list.

I would guess sales is what it would be based on.

Whoa.....I'm like EF Hutton, now.....  :o hehehehe....
I mentioned the "top 10 tubs" because somewhere, someone ELSE had mentioned it....and it's one of those things that the ONLY part I recall offhand is that Great Lakes would be numbered in this particular person's mind at about 40 of approx 140 tub mfgrs. It's a vicious circle, trying to figure out "did I do well? did I pick a 'good' tub? oh, crap....my choice sucked, didn't it? I didn't get the GOOD (see: more popular or widely known) tub!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"
Getting a hot tub is supposed to create a zen-like atmosphere, but I think I'm going to stress myself into a state of near cardiac arrest soon, just worrying over all the little stuff.....this is when I sit back, deep breath....and remember that *I* was comfortable in the tub, and it doesn't matter if the guy down the street likes it, it's MY money and butt in it.
Best of luck if you haven't got one yet, and enjoy what you've got if you do!
RIP C-Rod

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 06:07:45 pm »
Great Lakes is a great value tub.

It may not be in the top ten but it is priced twice or even 3 times less.
Retired

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 08:55:23 pm »
If you are talking about pure units sold, you would have to look at HydroSpas too.  They make alot of private label stuff as well.   I dont think I would put Nordic or Vita in the top ten.
Measure once, cut twice.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 12:41:36 pm »
I would leave Nordic out too.  Vita will be there in 5 - 6 years based on their aggression lately.  Dynasty? No way.  Reputation seems to be the most important in determining rating.  Leisure Bay has a poor reputation, but I would guess to have the highest sales to area coverage ratio in the industry.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 12:41:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42