What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Please forgive me, Spa Friends, for I have sinned  (Read 8101 times)

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
Please forgive me, Spa Friends, for I have sinned
« on: January 24, 2006, 10:15:58 am »
I broke all the rules for spa buying yesterday.  I got to go on my first spa "just looking" expedition.  I went to the Hot Spring store, we walked around looking at the models on the floor.  I liked the dealer almost immediately.  He was not pushy at all, and I just got a good feeling about him.  I was really wanting an Envoy if we ended up going with Hot Spring.   He had two in the showroom, both '05's.  One was Sand color, which is my personal favorite.  I was expecting the price to be somewhere between $8k and $10k, and he just very softly, no sales pressure at all, says "I have everything on the floor on sale right now.  If you want one of these two Envoys, I will sell you either one for $6995.00.  That includes delivery, set-up, steps, cover with lifter, 4 mos of chems, some of the skin care crystal things you can add (I forget what he called them), and the electrical breaker box thingy-ma-jig thrown in.  I was also expecting a delivery charge since I live two hours away.  All my little impulsive mind could think was..."I will never get this spa at this price ever again...it's the color I wanted...I don't care if it's last year's model....yada yada yada....

So....guess who bought a hot tub yesterday......on the spot....no wet test.....no other looking around...... :o  I know, bad girl, bad girl... :-[.  

Flame me if you must...just please don't banish me from your midst :-[, as I'm sure I will now need future advice (which I promise, promise, promise to listen to and heed) regarding maintenance, etc.

Also, I think I'm going to have to change my username now...is that allowed?    
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

Hot Tub Forum

Please forgive me, Spa Friends, for I have sinned
« on: January 24, 2006, 10:15:58 am »

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
Re: Please forgive me, Spa Friends, for I have sin
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 10:21:12 am »
you will be happy don't look back. Now you can be "gottaspa"

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 10:22:10 am »
You got a great deal.   I'll tell you that much.  (and bought a very good brand).

Congrats.

:)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 10:23:59 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 10:25:13 am »
Congratulations on a Heckuva deal!!!

You're going to enjoy that spa for the next 20 years or more.  Maybe you can change your name to "Green with Envoy" or "Sandy Randi" or something.

Enjoy! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 10:27:42 am »
I too got an Envoy at a great price with no wet test even though I know better.  2 months later no regrets.  

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 10:46:30 am »
I'm not a spa dealer but I bet atleast half if not more of buyers do not wet test.  You got a great deal on a great spa.  You are going to love it!!!!

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 11:05:25 am »
A great deal is a great deal.  And you got one.  Good job.   :)
Measure once, cut twice.

cappykat

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 11:08:15 am »
What a deal!!  You got a great brand and the Envoy is one of the best spas IMO.  Don't look back!  Congrats!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 11:42:33 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 11:09:22 am »
Don't feel "bad" at all. You got a great deal and if you have been reading this forum, you also got a fantastic spa!  So that qualifies you as a good good shopper! I would have done the same thing. Sometimes being in the right place at the right time...Enjoy! ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 11:10:58 am by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 11:37:45 am »
I had picked the Envoy from the lierature as the one I wanted and a wet test only confirmed it.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 11:46:11 am »
congrats on the spa. not only a great deal, but a great brand as well. not to mention a little extra saved on hook-up due to the disconnect box.
eventhough wet testing is recomended, personally i have had customers that "just went for it". i am sure your comfort level with the dealer helped with your desision as well.
enjoy your new tub.

we wont hold it against you for not wet testing  ;) so when the time comes for questions....fire away.
Marquis dealer

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 12:20:13 pm »
Whew!  You all have chased away the nervous butterflies I was having...now I just have excited ones fluttering....I can't wait to get it set up!  The electrician is supposed to come by today and thinks they can get the electrical hooked up this week.  Yeeehaaaw!

Thanks y'all for the support!   ;D ;D
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 12:24:15 pm »
Whew!  You all have chased away the nervous butterflies I was having...now I just have excited ones fluttering....I can't wait to get it set up!  The electrician is supposed to come by today and thinks they can get the electrical hooked up this week.  Yeeehaaaw!

Thanks y'all for the support!   ;D ;D

You did break the rules but sometimes you know you've hit on the right oppurtunity and you just have to act on it before it's too late. Congrats.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Duffman

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 12:48:08 pm »
Wet testing is always a great idea, but you shouldn't feel bad at all if the deal was just too good to pass up.

Congratulations! I hope you get many years of enjoyment.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 01:14:29 pm »
I thought for sure you were going to say you orderd a Shaven Spa after I read the subject.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 01:14:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42