What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: System suggestions  (Read 2365 times)

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
System suggestions
« on: February 09, 2006, 01:51:52 pm »
Looks like I will be needing some suggestions on some other chemical system to use.  I was using Soft Soak and loved it but my spouse is getting sinus infections from the chemicals.  I have a Dove Canyon Artesian spa and it has an ozonator.  So if any of you dealers or users can suggest another system that may work I would be greatful.  I know nothing about Chlorine or Bromine systems so if you could keep it simple or refer me to a website that I can read...again I would be greatful.

Thanks.
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

Hot Tub Forum

System suggestions
« on: February 09, 2006, 01:51:52 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: System suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 05:00:35 pm »
Chlorine - dichlor - is an easy system to use but you have to thoroughly wash the tub of the stuff you were using or it will react. I think the same may be true of bromine.

Basically with chlorine you add enough for a 3 PPM reading 20 min after you add it. The readings will go to "0" in a few (8-10) hours but it will sanitized. I add another dose every other day if I don't use the tub or if you use the tub daily, then add chlorine again after you use the tub. Every week check your combined chlorine (CC) levels as you test your water and either shock with 10x that level with chlorine or use MPS. What I do is if the CC level is 0.5 or lower, I shock with 6 PPM chlorine (this helps to superchlorinate the tub if for any reasons the 3 PPM didn't work 100%) and if it's above that use MPS and add a litrtle chlorine.

As you get familiar with your tub's chlorine needs you might need to add more or less chlorine based on your usage of the tub... it really is easy.

The best part of this is your soaking in near "0" sanitizer.

devilwoman

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 11:48:19 am »
Thanks for the response.  What are you using to test your water?  I am also thinking of using the Nature2 filter stick in addition to the dichlor or chlorine grandulars.  Have you ever used the N2?  If so what do you think of it?

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 02:45:41 pm »
I use dichlor with N2 (and ozone).  I test with a 5-way test strip: Free chlorine, total chlorine, ph, total alkalinity, calcium hardness.  Used to use Taylor kit (basic one).  I consider chlorine my primary sanitizer.  I think of ozone and N2 as "supplementary" programs.  I haven't any conclusive evidence that either make a large difference, but scientific studies seem to indicate that they help.  I don't believe either one should be used without chlorine.  My water is always crystal clear.  I used to "micro-manage" my water...not any more.  Easy, and safe treatment.  I stopped with MPS because of suspected skin sensitivity, and use dichlor only for my shock.  Vinny's right on the money IMO...

Steve

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 04:38:32 pm »
I use the Taylor K-2005 kit.

As far as N2, I didn't have much luck using it. I tried it for about a month and the water was the same as without it so I figured I'd skip it.

Since you have a Artesian tub you can adjust the ozone for as long as you want it to run. A lot of people run ozone 24/7 but I have had luck with using ozone for 8 to 10 hours. My water is crystal clear and I don't worry about my cover or headrests getting damaged by it. I'm sure it's doing some damage but at least not on a 24/7 basis.

devilwoman

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 08:22:36 pm »
Thanks all good information!!  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 08:22:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42