What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Experience with dealers in Atlanta area?  (Read 2737 times)

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
Experience with dealers in Atlanta area?
« on: February 09, 2006, 11:54:35 pm »
Have been investigating the purchase of a hot tub and getting ready to start the all important wet testing this weekend. But was curious if anyone here had any experience with dealers in the Atlanta area, good or bad, that they would be willing to share.

It would seem from reading this site for awhile that picking the tub that "fits" the best is only half the battle. The other half seems to be finding a dealer you are comfortable and past experience of others might tell me more than I can learn from talking with them myself.

So any insight offered is most welcome. I would like to make my first tub buying experience a good one!
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

Experience with dealers in Atlanta area?
« on: February 09, 2006, 11:54:35 pm »

dinaducky

• 2006 Marquis Epic
Re: Experience with dealers in Atlanta area?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 07:04:30 am »
I purchased a Marquis Epic from a dealer in Douglasville.  I was told it would take 4-5 weeks to receive my spa, but it was actually almost 8 weeks.  I did order before Christmas so maybe that slowed things down.  My spa was delivered last Friday and delivery was awesome.  They were here when they said they would be and they walked me through everything about the spa.  Unfortunately, my spa stopped working yesterday so I am waiting for a spa tech to come out and see what the problem is.  I'll let you know my thoughts on how well the dealer stands behind their product after my service call.

greenhut

• 2005 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 08:12:36 am »
I purchased my Caldera Geneva from Rec Warehouse. Overall positive experience. I called in for service on a minor issue (the waterfall feature was not quite right), and they were at the house the next day to fix. I like that they have been in business for a very long time, and have so far been great rom a service eprspective.

>10 years ago, I purchased a Sundance Marin from Prestige Spas, and had nothing but trouble even getting them to show up. Prestige is now an Artisan dealer. At the tail end of the life of our Sundance, I tired to get the current Sundance dealer (Georgia Backyard)to repair my spa. Best I can tell they outsource service. My expereince here was in some ways, worse than Prestige.

tanstaafl2

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 01:53:32 pm »
Thanks for the reports. I look forward to hearing how the Marquis dealer works out.

Interesting to hear Rec Warehouse went well. Hadn't really looked too close at the Caldera line and had heard a few non postive comments about them in the past.

Ga Backyard report a bit ominous as Sundance was one brand I really liked, at least on the internet. Will probably wet test them but not encouraging to hear they were hard to work with. I suppose since you didn't buy from them they would be less likely to be helpful but still you would think they might want to try to get yourbusiness.

Did you like your older Marin? The current version of that tub was one I was considering.

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 02:03:25 pm »
I purchased a Vita from Atlanta Spa and Leisure.  They treated me extremely well, low pressure, multiple wet tests, and even gave me full credit when I changed my mind two weeks after delivery and wanted something bigger.  When my second tub had a few quality problems, they immediately swapped it for a new one, I didn't even have to ask.  Adam, the owner, founded the company after his frustrating spa purchase many years ago.

After one year of spa ownership, I am selling my house and the spa with it, and will be back at Atlanta Spa for a new one as soon as possible.  I don't intend to look anywhere else.

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 02:11:11 pm »
I personally know Adam at Atlanta Spa and Leisure. He is a good guy. Also be sure to check out one of the local Hot Spring dealers.

tanstaafl2

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 02:45:06 pm »
Thanks, it is fairly close by so I will add Atlanta Spa and Leisure to my list of places to check out.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 03:31:32 pm »

So any insight offered is most welcome. I would like to make my first tub buying experience a good one!

Atlanta is a great town, I would think that you should have most of the major manufacturers, so I would say take your time and check them all out, but I know that can get tiring.  Take your time, think it out, talk it out with those you can, and remember to enjoy it.  All those dealers are working for you now, but don't abuse the help!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 08:58:04 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

dinaducky

• 2006 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 04:49:18 pm »
Well, what a wonderful suprise to find the spa tech at my house repairing my spa when I got home!  My spa is running once again, so I've only missed 1 day of soaking.  I will tell you that Brown's Pool & Spa has jumped through hoops to make me happy today.  But, I don't think that was asking too much after spending $10,000 with them.  I just hope this was a glitch (bad transformer on circuit board) rather than a sign of ominous things to come!

tanstaafl2

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 07:40:11 pm »
Glad to hear it. It will be cold night by Atlanta standards and a warm tub would be just the way to spend the evening.

Happy soaking!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 07:40:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42