What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Summit vs. Caldera Moorea/Tahitian  (Read 9546 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Arctic Summit vs. Caldera Moorea/Tahitian
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 11:43:16 am »
Anne, I'm curious if you ever looked at the Tiger River Bengal.  I seem to recall that in one of your posts, you had almost described it to a "T".  Also, it does primarily have the larger diameter jets throughout the spa.

There are some reviews of the Bengal and many other spas at http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Pool_and_Patio-Pool_Equipment-Spas-All-Olympic_Tiger_River_Bengal_Spa/display_~reviews.

Good luck in your search. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 11:43:16 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 12:20:17 pm »
http://www.hydropoolhottubs.com

Worth a look as we are certainly known for great shoulder & neck therapy. You're going about this the right way Anne. Be thorough!

Steve

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 01:12:28 pm »
Who are your dealers in northern California?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

anne

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 10:29:44 pm »
In response to your questions, and thank you for your enthusiam,

Terminator: I did consider the Bengal, but that tub was cold when I went to wet test. I was dissappointed in the Sovereign, and it did not "look" like the Bengal would provide neck massage as I need it. I may go back to HS on my next trip out there to wet test. I did enjoy the Envoy, which I tried out just for kicks (unless an '05 floor model ends up in my range.)

Steve: I liked what I saw online about Hydropools, but there is no dealer in my area.

Dan: If you are referring to Arctic, it is "Galleria Billards and Spas." I'm not looking at Caldera anymore. I have also shopped at Cool Pools and Hot Tubs (LA) and Cal-X (D1).

Dance like nobody's watching

keating

• Arctic Avalanche Ultra DELIVERED
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 03:34:24 pm »
I love the arctic brand, however, one flaw that bothers me is the jets.  They do not lock into place, so they have a tendency of turning randomly to the off position.  This has been corrected for 2006, and I believe that warranty may infact cover this.  

GAH!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was just me.  cool.
You figure out a way around it or are you working on your dealer to fix it?

keating

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 03:37:34 pm »
Anne, does your dealer have an arctic avalanche in stock.  This tub has one molded seat that has neck jets in them.  

I have the Avalanche, and IMHO, the neck jets are terrible.......if you think you might like them and consider purchasing the tub for the neck jets, be sure to wet test it to determine if the neck jets are worth it to you.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 06:42:16 pm »
keating, the jets have a fix forsure.  They are coming out soon.  

as for neck jets, I am not a big fan.  When you are looking for a tub, you look for all kinds of things that eventually you will not need or use.  

I wanted a waterfall, which I dont use, lighting, I use only one color not the 14 different choices that I have.

As for comfort for your neck and shoulders, both myself and Stlrex have stated that the tundra has the best of both worlds.  One seat in the tundra will blow your socks off.  This is not to discredit all the other brands, its just what I know and it sounds like anne is happy with the arctic brand.  If so, Anne please try the tundra before you make your purchase.

Just remember, the price now may seem like alot,  but after a while it will be paid off.  Get what you like and work hard to pay it off.  

keating

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 09:22:32 am »
keating, the jets have a fix forsure.  They are coming out soon.  

Good to know...I'll ping my dealer on it.

as for neck jets, I am not a big fan.  When you are looking for a tub, you look for all kinds of things that eventually you will not need or use.  

True....I rarely even turn the jets on.....I often sit there quietly untill the heater kicks in.....if the water is still feelin warm, I'll shut the system down do I'm not bothered by the pumps....

I wanted a waterfall, which I dont use,

LOL

lighting, I use only one color not the 14 different choices that I have.

Mine is usually on the combo blue/red that looks like a light purple in the water, or the VERY slow fade.
The white stobe, and the "beating heart" fading red are very odd.

As for comfort for your neck and shoulders, both myself and Stlrex have stated that the tundra has the best of both worlds.  One seat in the tundra will blow your socks off.  This is not to discredit all the other brands, its just what I know and it sounds like anne is happy with the arctic brand.  If so, Anne please try the tundra before you make your purchase.

Not to say the Tundra seat isn't great, but that Upside down Triangle jet layout is common to most of Arctic's tubs....I found them mostly the same.....and I couldn't reccommend more heartily, the Frontier or Arctic Fox for someone looking for a smaller tub...absolutely fantasic.....the least "floatie" loungers I've tried...as they're not "true" loungers...no sculpted bend under the knees.....feel more like a seat with a foot rest than other companies' loungers

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 09:22:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42