What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Shopping help  (Read 2783 times)

RatedRsuperstar

Spa Shopping help
« on: February 07, 2006, 05:31:14 pm »
I have been shopping around for about a month now and have focused in on three brands I like, Hot Springs Vanguard which I see gets talked about alot here, the other don't seem to unless i miss them; Bullfrog 662 and D1 Nautilus.  The bullfrog dealer has been in business 20 plus years but has only been selling bullfrog for a year. Both the other dealers have been around 8 years but have dealt those spa the whole time.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 05:31:52 pm by RatedRsuperstar »

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Shopping help
« on: February 07, 2006, 05:31:14 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Spa Shopping help
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 05:44:56 pm »
Welcome to the board!

What do you like about the 3 spas in particular?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

RatedRsuperstar

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 05:53:24 pm »
The Hot spring seemed to have evreything I wanted.  It is a very popular name, and there jet systems seemed to be the highest quality.  The Bullfrog were very different from anything else I had seen, it seemed to have the best warranty and the Jet seats or Jet packs where very neat.  D1 just caught my eye I'm not really sure, just liked the look of it over all, D1 dealer seemed to be the nicest but i did meet the owner there were the other two were away.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 05:56:56 pm »
The Hot spring seemed to have evreything I wanted.  It is a very popular name, and there jet systems seemed to be the highest quality.  The Bullfrog were very different from anything else I had seen, it seemed to have the best warranty and the Jet seats or Jet packs where very neat.  D1 just caught my eye I'm not really sure, just liked the look of it over all, D1 dealer seemed to be the nicest but i did meet the owner there were the other two were away.  

Go with whichever fits/feels best (wet testing is a great idea) and with whichever spa you truly think will be the best for you for the next 10+ years.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 06:00:25 pm »
The Hot spring seemed to have evreything I wanted. 

Well, there you go.....see how simple spa shopping really is? ;D ;D ;D

Was the Vanguard you looked at the 2005 or the 2006?  The new ones are beautiful and I can't wait to get them in the store Thursday!

If the Vanguard has everything you're wanting in a spa, is there any concern you may have that you'd care to discuss?  Myself and many others on here are happy to help in whatever way we can.

Terminator

RatedRsuperstar

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 06:03:37 pm »
Im not sure on the year.  I was planning on wet testing the bullfrog tommorrow I let you know.
I didn't care for the sales man @ the hot spring dealer.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 06:11:19 pm »

I'm sorry to hear that. :(  Some of them are goobers, I hate to say.  The product is great but if you are not comfortable with the salesperson, go straight to the owner.  Unless, the goober IS the owner.

You're not in East Texas by any chance?  Hopefully, I'm not the goober in this instance..... :-[

Terminator  

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 07:50:12 pm »
Im not sure on the year. ĉI was planning on wet testing the bullfrog tommorrow I let you know.

Was it me in Elg Grove, CA?
:D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

RatedRsuperstar

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 01:47:58 pm »
It wasn't either of you to, so don't worry.  I tested the Bullfrog last nite.  It was really nice, didn't care to much for the lay down seat thing.  The sales man was talking about 56 something for the main pumps and 48 for the circ? pump.  I think it was the size and then he went into all this stuff about how 2hp is the same as 4 break hp? I think i got it right.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 04:53:47 pm »
You were talking to the Goober Horsepower salesman. He's very boring.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 04:53:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42