What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic Hot Tub?  (Read 2643 times)

Promontoryview

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Nordic Hot Tub?
« on: February 02, 2006, 08:46:51 pm »
I've never owned a hot tub and have looked at the Nordic.......The size seems fine (just for my honey and me to use) and the construction seems to be very good.  If anyone has an opinion about the Nordic or could recommend another brand that I should check out, I'd appreciate it.

Hot Tub Forum

Nordic Hot Tub?
« on: February 02, 2006, 08:46:51 pm »

salesdvl

Re: Nordic Hot Tub?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 11:34:22 am »
Nordic is an OK tub.  No bells, no whistles.  If all you want is a container of hot water then you will be fine.  If you are also looking for some jet action and hydro therapy, I would keep looking.
Measure once, cut twice.

hymbaw

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 01:36:11 pm »
I used to sell Nordic. Very plain, no bells and whistles, but a GREAT tub! Very reliable. Our service techs swear by them. (they almost never have to service them!)

Good Luck
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

dadofrad

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 01:55:57 pm »
nordic is a very good spa  ;we have been sell selling them for years. I pesonally have an escape premium
with stereo and  L.E.D. light in it. I put in some earth wind & fire in the cd player and sit in there for and hour or so.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 10:45:30 am »
I had a third hand Nordic.  (A freebie from a freind).  It was very much used and slighty abused. Iit was only 6 years old, but looked more like 30.  This could be the way it was taken care of, but  mine was very exspesice to run (poor insualtion, only 1 pump)

I did like the open seating and I enjoyed hot tubbing so much I went out and bought my Caspain.  The difference is night and day.  Shop around and wet test.  

As other said, it's an "ok" tub. I would most certainly look at other tubs and know what you are getting, and what other manufactuers have before commiting to it.  
07 Caldera Geneva

mjb

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 11:42:26 am »
If your needs are simple and your budget
only allows a hot tub in this price range a
Nordic Hot Tub would be a great choice.
We, also have sold them for many years
and they are quite reliable.  If possible
pick a tub that offers 220v installation and
wire it as such.

Promontoryview

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 04:06:57 pm »
I've broadened my search to include the Hot Spring and Tiger River Spas.......a salesman who sells both told me they are both made by Hot Spring, and that the major difference was in the type of jets.......The price of the Tiger River is about 20% less.....Is the Hot Spring spa really worth the difference?? Or am I paying more for the name?....The most I want to spend is about $5000......Would it be worth my while to check out Catalina or Marquis?... :-/

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 04:31:21 pm »
I've broadened my search to include the Hot Spring and Tiger River Spas.......a salesman who sells both told me they are both made by Hot Spring, and that the major difference was in the type of jets.......The price of the Tiger River is about 20% less.....Is the Hot Spring spa really worth the difference?? Or am I paying more for the name?....The most I want to spend is about $5000......Would it be worth my while to check out Catalina or Marquis?... :-/

The best way to tell is to actually take a look at the spa in person and do a wet test. This way you'lll be able to tell if the differences are worth it to you.

But Yes, Hot spring makes a quality spa (As well as several other manufactuers). Thier prices are pretty much simmiliar for the quality, size and features you get on thier models.

Wet Test the Nordic you want, then test the Tiger Rivers, Hot Springs,  and others.  You will see a difference.  They may not be worth it to you,  But most folks see a significant difference and feel they are worth the extra money.  (or not)

As stated earlier, Nordic isn't a bad tub, but you'll see why thier is a difference in price once you actually see and wet test.

Also when comparing tubs,  in addition to the size and jets, bells and whistles, you need to condiser the pumps, filtration, ozinator and other "under the hood" elements that effect price.  

07 Caldera Geneva

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 05:33:04 pm »
It would be worth your while to check out ALOT more brands.  Why would you consider spending that kind of money without researching as much as possible.  Shop for the spa just like you would a car, assuming you didnt know anything about cars.  Look at as many as possible, listen to the sales pitch, deside what features you like, and TEST DRIVE as many as possible.  Sitting in a dry spa is nothing like how it will feel wet.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 05:33:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42