What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Minor water issue  (Read 1845 times)

leaky

• Don't ask about the nickname...
Minor water issue
« on: February 01, 2006, 01:09:03 pm »
All right experts....

Probably not a big deal, but I've got some "stuff" that pops up in my water recently.

I changed the water about 3 weeks ago.  Test strips show the balance is fine; however, after running the jets (and air) for a while, I'm getting some fairly large "bubbles".  Not foam per se, but these larger groups of bubbles that have a sort of dirty look to them.  On the surface film of the bubble, there's some cream-colored "specks".  I can even scoop the bubble in my hand, and all the specks are on my skin when the bubble pops.  When I try and "touch" the stuff, however, it vanishes or seems to disappear.  Same thing with the specks in the water.  When I shut the pumps off, if I try and "herd" the bubbles towards the filter or move them around, the specks seem to absorb or dissolve back into the water.  The water looks clear, and there is no film around the rim.  Like I said, the strips indicate the balance is within the acceptable ranges.  Any ideas?

Greg

Hot Tub Forum

Minor water issue
« on: February 01, 2006, 01:09:03 pm »

Gman

Re: Minor water issue
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 05:46:20 pm »
Have you tried using any of the water clarifiers (the blue stuff)?  

ggwagner

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 02:01:54 pm »
I'd suggest getting your water tested. The test strips are fine for regular testing, but good to get water tested in a store.
Also, do you have soft water? Did you fill tub from a well?
If so, soft water could be your issue so water testing will tell.
Hope this helps.
Glenn Wagner
Sundance Spas Orillia Ontario

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 04:50:28 pm »
It sounds likely that you need to increase calcium hardness, but I would get the water tested professionally, as has already been suggested, as a good first step.

Regards,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 04:50:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42