What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Customer Poll: Should dealers.......  (Read 7850 times)

fatman

Customer Poll: Should dealers.......
« on: January 23, 2006, 08:50:54 am »
This customer poll is mostly for the benefit of "newbies" but it would be great if all customers and potential customers participated. I think the dealers who participate on the forum should have the word "DEALER" underneath their username. I can remember when I first came to the forum. It was a bit difficult to distinguish who the dealers were. For a few weeks I couldn't tell that "stuart", "spahappy" and "terminator" were dealers anymore than I could tell that "Lori", "vinny" and "Debra" were not dealers.  Customers, what's your opinion(s)???

Hot Tub Forum

Customer Poll: Should dealers.......
« on: January 23, 2006, 08:50:54 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Customer Poll: Should dealers.......
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 09:27:54 am »
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you fast enough, I've had new job priorities this past week.  Putting it under the username is not possible. That would require a software rewrite and this software is used in thousands of locations worldwide for many types of forums. You would have to talk to them.  It could be in other parts of the user's profile, but again, I think it would have to be voluntary as what is to prevent someone from creating another login if they don't want to be identified that way?

Personally I have no problem identifying who is who after a while,  but I'm here every day. If someone makes a point, and I want to know, I'll ask them about their afilliation or experiences. I have seen where some dealers get attacked just because of who they are or who they represent, and I haven't seen anyone try to hide that fact.  

I see it as a non-issue, but will be interested, as usual, in the thoughts of others.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 09:33:32 am »
For a few weeks I couldn't tell that "stuart", "spahappy" and "terminator" were dealers anymore than I could tell that "Lori", "vinny" and "Debra" were not dealers.

That's all fine and dandy, but please don't put me on that list.  My very first post stated that I was a HotSpring dealer and in my avatar it has always been indicated, proudly so.  Maybe you just threw me in there as a generic dealer reference and that's fine too.

I believe all dealers should identify themselves as such.  I called one dealer out who was pretending to be a consumer as I thought that she was being sneaky and I can't abide sneaky folks.  Don't be ashamed of what you sell or else don't sell it.

Terminator
HotSpring Spa Salesman
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 10:09:23 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 10:02:19 am »
I  suggested it once several months ago and wasn't overwhelmed with positive  responses.  

I'm all for it.

1) if you are a dealer, it can lend a lot of credibitlity to postings that deal with a specific brand or of a technical nature

2) it helps identify you from dilettantes  (dabblers like myself).

3) when recomoneding a tub it helps consumers understand who is saying what, and if a posters is looking for a speciific brand dealer, they can easliy tell.

anyhow...I don't think you see a "rule" come about that will require dealers to do this, but I would strongly encourage dealers (and non dealers to post something in thier profi,e or under thier username that helps others understand who is who.

just my 2 cents....

If anyone is against this idea, I'm curious why?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 10:27:36 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 10:05:59 am »
I think it is a fine idea, but then should we distinguish, Spa salesperson, Spa shopper, Spa owner, Spa Dealer, Mfg. Rep.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 10:25:27 am »
If anyone is against this idea, I'm curious why?

Against it? No, I just don't see it as enforceable, and I am happy with the voluntary way everyone has participated so far. I don't mind policing the occasional Jimmy Disciples when they show up (Where I am sitting right now, that is funnier that you will know) But I don't want to have to be a cop everytime someone suspects that someone is misrepresenting themselves.  

Our dealers in particular have been excellent and our a great part of this forum. I've seen many of them preface remarks with,  "I represent so and so" thousands of times."   Many of them like Term and Steve from Hydropool have identifying words in their profiles.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 10:43:16 am »
I love the idea, short and to the point
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 11:44:36 am »
term,
i agree with what you said. be proud of what you sell.

as a relativly new (300 posts) member of the forum, it didnt occour to me to state i was a dealer in my profile.
looks like ill have to change my quote lol ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 11:45:16 am by socal »
Marquis dealer

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 11:54:11 am »
Just so you know!

salesdvl

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 12:17:56 pm »
I think it would be nice to know who is who.  Some are obvious in what they sell, others are not.  The question that frequently comes to my mind when reading some threads is "where is this person from"?  I wish everyone would list in their profile where they are from.  Again, some are obvious ( East Texas, So Cal etc..).  Maybe its just me.  
Measure once, cut twice.

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 12:24:59 pm »
Guess I have to change my tag line back.   ;D

fatman

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 12:34:42 pm »
That's all fine and dandy, but please don't put me on that list.  My very first post stated that I was a HotSpring dealer and in my avatar it has always been indicated, proudly so.  Maybe you just threw me in there as a generic dealer reference and that's fine too.

I believe all dealers should identify themselves as such.  I called one dealer out who was pretending to be a consumer as I thought that she was being sneaky and I can't abide sneaky folks.  Don't be ashamed of what you sell or else don't sell it.

Terminator
HotSpring Spa Salesman

Yes, terminator I just threw you in as a reference. Nothing more was intended on my part.  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 12:35:43 pm »
I figured as much.  Like I said, that's fine too! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Anoroc

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 01:17:26 pm »
salesdvl- who do you represent?

I have seen your posts before so I think you are a dealer/salesperson but not sure I know with who.

Brookenstein

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 01:59:50 pm »
He's a factory rep for LA Spas... I think.   ;)  The company is right, the title could be wrong.

:)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 01:59:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42