What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Spa Audio  (Read 5847 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Best Spa Audio
« on: January 31, 2006, 10:15:26 pm »
Just came back from a soak with my new LOW cost spa audio system...

...It's an MP3 player and a pair of Sony water resistant headphones.

Since I usually soak alone, it's great! I was given the MP3 player for Christmas with tubbing and going to the gym in mind. It's a Sandisk MP3/WMA player with a radio. I've been listening to it off and on with a pair of "sports" clip over and in the ear "headphones" but the new Sony ones blow them out of the water (parden the pun). The others didn't have a great frequency range and would cut out whenever sweat would enter my ear and that was the end of music.

Started listening to the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" and decided to swich to a classical radio station and I tell you I was sitting front row center no matter where I was in the tub.

Anyway, anyone who wishes they bought a stereo system with their tub, check these things out - you'll be amazed.

Hot Tub Forum

Best Spa Audio
« on: January 31, 2006, 10:15:26 pm »

salesdvl

Re: Best Spa Audio
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 10:32:04 pm »
cool
Measure once, cut twice.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 11:06:46 pm »
Hell Freezes Over....one of my favs!

Steve

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 06:14:04 am »
  That was the first album I put on when we got our Majesta back in the summer. Was also the one I took wet testing. I guess I should have said CD not album though eh.  Old habits.   paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 07:02:31 am »
You have to hear it on DVD surround sound! Also, Fleetwood Mac "Rumors". It's like your in the middle of them playing.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 10:18:56 am »
The surround sound on the "Hell Freezes" DVD is among the best I've heard.  Too bad there isn't a widscreen version- at least there wasn't when I bought my copy.

I also purchased their recent "Farewell Tour" 2 DVD set.
Has many more songs on it they Hell does, and it's available in widescreen.  But the surround sound isn't as good as the hell freezes over one.  This set costs about $15 for 2 DVD's, half of what I paid for Hell Freezes Over.  

The two concerts are about 10 years apart.  It's interesting to see how the band has changed in appearance over the years.  Except for Timothy Dalton- he doesn't look much older for some reason.

If you want' some really good sound, get the SA-CD version of Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms".  You need a SA-CD capable player, but the sound just blows you away.

Brewman

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 11:07:24 am »
Don Henley has a vacation home next door to one of my old customer's place out at Lake Caddo.  He grew up in Linden, TX, about 45 miles north of here.  He's a liberal goob.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 12:43:28 pm »
I also purchased their recent "Farewell Tour" 2 DVD set.

What's with the "farewell 1 tour" thing, anyway?  Will there be a farewell 2 tour also?  Maybe a "so long, we're actually gonna pull the pin now" tour ;D

Also, you must have meant Timothy B. Schmit, not Tomothy Dalton ;)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 02:06:07 pm »
Don Henley has a vacation home next door to one of my old customer's place out at Lake Caddo.  He grew up in Linden, TX, about 45 miles north of here.  He's a liberal goob.

Terminator

That figures.  So many of the recording artists I like are liberal goobs- but I gotta put that aside because I like their music.

Maybe you should pop over to Don's vacation home, assuming he ever goes there, and take him out shooting, and have some Shiner Bock's.  Maybe you can get him over from the dark side.
Brewman

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 02:08:05 pm »

What's with the "farewell 1 tour" thing, anyway?  Will there be a farewell 2 tour also?  Maybe a "so long, we're actually gonna pull the pin now" tour ;D

Also, you must have meant Timothy B. Schmit, not Tomothy Dalton ;)

I think the Farwell tour thing is a poke at all the artists having a seemingly endless stream of farwell appearances.  Hasn't Cher had about 3 final tours so far?

And thanks for correcting me, I did indeed mean Timothy B. Schmit.  But I didn't mean Tomothy Dalton. ;)
Brewman

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 07:13:36 am »
If you want' some really good sound, get the SA-CD version of Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms".  You need a SA-CD capable player, but the sound just blows you away.

I agree the SACD is great, have a player and a handful of super audio discs. It's just too bad Sony pushed the format mainly for copy protection, and has pretty much dropped the ball now. Also because they had to have another format war with the DVD-A folks, so neither format took off.

But anyway, back to hot tubing... Have you checked into the PC music server fun yet? I just acquired a "hand-me-down" Dell unit that I am going to use as a dedicated music server. By running an Ethernet line from it to a "Squeezebox" unit, then to a DAC to my system, I can rip a bunch of my CDs to hard drive and access them at the push of a button. The theory is this set up will perform better than a stand-alone player will.

As for hot tubing, these units can also receive the audio wireless (using a wireless router). So one could either use the headphone output or hook it into a separate system.  You could access all of you CDs, from you tub area, using the supplied remote control...pretty cool!

http://www.slimdevices.com/

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 08:41:41 am »
One of the things I've been thinking about is to get a FM transmitter and have it broadcast in my house. I figured I could get a loit of radio stations using Shoutcast or something like that .

The only problem I can see is my sons wanting to be on the computer and having their music playing ... for that a second computer would be great, but alas I am cheap!

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 10:18:14 am »
Where I live, FM stations are limited (and poor!).  I bought an XM satellite setup for my car.  I want to buy a home kit (docking station) for it so I can use it on the home stereo.  It transmits on FM, and I'm wondering if the spa receiver would pick it up through a wall about 20 feet away.  Anyone tried this?

hamrhed

• "Hard Tellin" "Not Knowin"
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 10:29:45 am »
Vinny,

Could you give me a little more info on the Sony water resistant headphones you picked up?

I've been looking for a good set..

Thanks

Chris...

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 10:59:51 am »
Where I live, FM stations are limited (and poor!).  I bought an XM satellite setup for my car.  I want to buy a home kit (docking station) for it so I can use it on the home stereo.  It transmits on FM, and I'm wondering if the spa receiver would pick it up through a wall about 20 feet away.  Anyone tried this?

Hi I have a sirius sat radio and the docking station for home . I put the receiver/FM transmitter in the middle of my house and all my stereo systems will pickup its broadcast. It is approx 20-25 feet from the stereo system
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 11:00:23 am by jsimo7 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 10:59:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42