What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Grandee or Vanguard?  (Read 2686 times)

cburk0677

Grandee or Vanguard?
« on: February 01, 2006, 11:52:46 am »
My wife and I are planning on buying a hottub sometime this year. I have been reading this forum a lot the last couple weeks and have learned a ton! I have a hotsprings dealer 10mins from my house and I am pretty much set on buying from them based on what I have read on this forum.

Here are my questions.

1. Are there any major differences between the vanguard and grandee besides the grandee being able to seat one more person?

2. What is the avg price difference between these spas?

2. My wife and are not large people. Both of us are 5'5. I have looked at spas with loungers and I think we would both drown! Is there a water depth difference between the vanguard and the grandee?

3. Any other info I should consider when researching these two spas?

Thanks,
  Cburk
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 11:53:05 am by cburk0677 »
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

Grandee or Vanguard?
« on: February 01, 2006, 11:52:46 am »

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
Re: Grandee or Vanguard?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 01:38:17 pm »
I always have called the Vanguard "The Baby Grand", being a smaller spa than the Grandee. The Grandee is a much larger spa 8'4" x7'7" x38" deep. Vanguard 7'3" x7'3"x36". To see the real differance just sit in both dry models, there is a lot more footroom in the grandee, but if it's just the two of you that would not be an issue. If you intend having more than 2 friends join you in the tub, the Grandee would be the way to go. By moving to the grandee you gain 100 more gallons, 7 more jets, 5 Tri-ex filters, larger jet pumps. Basicaly it comes down to how much room you need. As far as cost,  you can expect to be about ( and this is a big ballpark) $1500 more.

cburk0677

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 01:55:21 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the information. I am leaning towards the grandee.

Cburk
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 03:05:37 pm »
Grandee.  Two DX MotoMassages, plenty of room, I've yet to have someone come back and tell me they wish they'd gotten a smaller spa.  You're never going to have to buy another one, so get the one you really want.

Good luck with your shopping! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 03:59:41 pm »
I would vote for the grandee...although i have owned one for 4 months and love it.  I agree with others..buy the biggest and best you can afford because you won't be buying another one any time soon.  I find the Grandee to be fine for friends and a few kids, and is plenty cozy for two.  I think you will appreciate the space.  I also am not a fan of loungers and prefered the extra seating over a lounger.  From reading posts here, most people who bought a lounger state they would omit it on  second spa (and, as folks have said, you won't buy anotheer spa any time soon).

Re: price, I am sure the grandee will be more, but I can bet you can find a few '05 models that a dealer would want to unload at a decent rate.  

Try to wet test either and see what you think.  The grandee is a deep tub (I am 6'3, wife 5'10) so we like being able to have more skin below the water as opposed to above.  Water level can somewhat be lowered and you will find this makes a difference as to whether you float or not.  My shorter friends have only complained right after I changed the water and added too much.  Otherwise, folks of all sizes seem to fit in the tub.  Finally, the open seating is nice as it allows you to float around and try various seats allowing different jets to hit you in different areas.  It is best for having guests as the lounger takes up what is the equivalent of two seats.

We have been very happy with our grandee and have no problem recommending it.  When you get close to sealing any deal, don't forget to work in items like an ozonator, steps, delivery with set up, free chems.  We also were able to pit one  dealer against another (dealers who read this close your eyes).  Our closest dealer wouldn't budge on price, but  another dealer (40 miles away) was willing to work with me.  I ended up with a fair price and could choose a dealer that I felt took care of me better.  

Of course, both tubs will bring to the table the Hot Springs quality and reputation.  Each brand has its own pros and cons, but I rarely read a HS buyer post that was unhappy with their decision.

Good luck!

Iceman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 04:21:08 pm »
I  bought the Grandee last week. I've been looking for quite a while and the mid year redesign sealed the deal for me. We much prefer the double motos over the singles. The addition of the Tri-x filters and the larger hp pumps are both important upgrades. Price wise this is a great time of year to buy. My dealer was ready to deal to move the  2005s out before the new models hit the floor.  I was very pleased with the final cost and the dealer has been great to work with. The Vanguard is a fine product also, you can't go wrong with either one

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 04:21:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42