What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where to put spa.......  (Read 2685 times)

spiman

• Tub is in!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Where to put spa.......
« on: February 01, 2006, 11:26:26 am »

The far side of the covered porch is in front of the bedroom. Door under porch is the foyer that leads into the kitchen and/or livingroom. The door in front of car is the kitchen.

I am going to be building another deck off the kitchen side that will measure 12' x 38 ' and flush with the corner of the porch.

I was thinking of either in front of the bedroom window or put the spa where the picinic table is now. If i put it at the table, I can raise or lower the deck and build the spa into or around the deck.

what do you think?

Veiw off of porch to follow......
Have at it!

Hot Tub Forum

Where to put spa.......
« on: February 01, 2006, 11:26:26 am »

spiman

• Tub is in!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Re: Where to put spa.......
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 11:33:16 am »

Veiw off of soon to be built porch, reference table.
Have at it!

tootsie

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 11:47:52 am »
my suggestion would be to the far left of the door.  that way if needed you could build two sides,for wind breaker and privacy. and the front of the deck wouldn't be blocked off by the hot tub.

I put mine where I thought I would have a great view, but unfortunately I'm too short and all I see is up, tops of trees and stars.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 12:33:12 pm »
I agree with tootsie...consider where the prevailing winds come from; you'll want to think about blocking them.  Also, as close to a door as practical to encourage all weather use.  Mine is literally 2 steps from my door, and I use it EVERY night even if -25 C.  To answer your question "What do I think?"...  Nice view!! :)

Steve

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 01:12:59 pm »
Hey Steve, I have been looking at Lexan to block the wind (as you have)...I would need a home equity loan to do what you did for your tub. That stuff is pretty expensive, or did you have a good source for it?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 01:43:40 pm »
Hey Steve, I have been looking at Lexan to block the wind (as you have)...I would need a home equity loan to do what you did for your tub. That stuff is pretty expensive, or did you have a good source for it?

Actually, I didn't use Lexan, I used safety glass railing panels designed for use with outdoor deck railing systems, built a simple cedar frame that stands 'em up vertically instead of horizontally...66" x 36" panels were $75.00 (CDN) each at Home Depot.  Hope this helps you :)

Steve

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 03:18:55 pm »
Thanks, I am going to check out HD. I still want the pergola on top, but the wind is something that I would like to address now. Spiman, I agree with putting the tub as close to the house as you can. Your view is beautiful, I can just imagine star gazing up there, it looks pretty remote!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 03:32:52 pm »
Bonibelle, I used the pergola frame to support the tops of the glass walls.  Be sure you don't underestimate the wind loading on the walls.  It gets really windy where I live, and could easily tear them down were it not for the pergola's strength :o

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 03:32:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42