What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cold Climate Tubbers  (Read 4143 times)

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
Cold Climate Tubbers
« on: January 28, 2006, 03:25:41 pm »
Seems like more recently, say since the end of December through January I've been adding more and more water to my "spa".   I'd expect evoporation but not sure what would be considered "normal".  Today I added 28 gallons and probably added as much 3 or 4 weeks ago.  Doesn't that seem like a lot?

I wondered if the Cold Climate Tubbers wouldn't mind sharing how much water they regularly add to keep levels up.

Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

Cold Climate Tubbers
« on: January 28, 2006, 03:25:41 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Cold Climate Tubbers
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 03:28:43 pm »
It all depends on how cold, how much use, how long the cover is off, ect.  On average, I add 5-7 gallons of water weekly during winter.  I try to add every week so I don't have to add too much at once.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 03:59:20 pm »
I add maybe 10 gallons a month.  Lots depends on how dry your winter air is, how many people use the spa and how often.  
Brewman

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 04:58:01 pm »
Now that I use a 5 gal. bucket (instead of a hose) to top of the tub every week, I'm getting a better idea of how much water I am losing. Right now it's usually 12-16 gallons per week (3-4 trips @ 4 gals. in the bucket)

28 gallons in 3-4 weeks doesn't seem out of line to me.

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 08:59:31 pm »
I am glad that someone made this post...I have had my tub for only 4 months and have wondered if I had a leak since I seam to add about 10 gallons a week as well.  So, based on posts here, it would seem that my water loss is in line with that of others.

I use a 5 gallon bucket and make a few trips as needed.  I am amazed by the amount that evaporates out or drips off of the wet bodies...it really adds up!

PH

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 09:34:05 pm »
I use my tub every day, and add about 2" every 2-3 weeks...that should be close to 60 or 70 gallons based on tub dimensions.  Pretty low humidity where I live.

Steve

spiman

• Tub is in!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 10:38:27 am »
As a rule, the colder air gets, the drier it gets
Have at it!

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 11:15:52 am »
Just look at the mist rising off the water when you use it.

I add water every few weeks as needed.  Since I use a hose I don't have a measurement.  My outdoor faucets are off so I run the hose from my utility sink inside.  I usually use hot water since I figure that it's cheaper to heat with oil than electricity.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 11:15:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42