What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Showroom mishaps?  (Read 2504 times)

salesdvl

Showroom mishaps?
« on: January 30, 2006, 01:23:05 pm »
The forgotten drain cap/ hose fitting issue made me think of some other things that have happened, so I thought I'd see if anyone had any stories they would share.

I remember we were having a huge weekend sale many years ago and we had just remodeled the spa department.  Painted ceiliing, slat wall w/ glass block , new carpet etc ( sound familiar Watkins folks?) Anyway... big sale starts Friday morning.  I decide to fill a Hot Spot at the last minute.  Put the hose in, ask the rep to watch it, and next thing I hear is the rep freaking out cuz the water is pouring out the motor compartment.  When I opened up the motor door, I found an entire section of piping missing.  Turns out one of the service guys came by months earlier and "borrowed" it to fix one in the field but didnt remember to replace it or tell anyone.

I can tell you, there is nothing like having the store owner walk in after spending several thousand dollars to remodel and "squish" across the new carpeting and ask "What the *%$^  happened here?"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:36:43 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

Showroom mishaps?
« on: January 30, 2006, 01:23:05 pm »

OC_Spas

Re: Showroom mishaps?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:41:03 pm »
My most memorable showroom mishap: It was a Sunday afternoon, about 30 minutes before closing. I was looking forward to closing the store and heading over to Las Vegas. My customer asked me to close all the jets except for one seat so I did. All of a sudden I noticed the water level dropping rapidly followed by a wave of water (400 gallons) traveling across the carpet, headed for the back door! This spa had been filled 3 weeks prior and demo'd many times. It turned out that the factory had failed to glue one joint in the plumbing. It was amazing that it held together so long without leaking. Reps from the factory didn't believe me when I told them it had not been glued so they came out to my store to inspect it! They left believers.

Jim

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Showroom mishaps?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:41:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42