What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Low PH last few weeks  (Read 2313 times)

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Low PH last few weeks
« on: January 28, 2006, 03:59:34 pm »
Hi everyone!
Need help! usually my water is not a problem. The tub get used almost every night by me, sometimes also with my wife. I use diclor after each use, MPS one a week, tub is an Artesian Piper Glen with ozone and Nuture 2. We have had three hot tub parties, Nov., New Years Eve and about a week ago. The first two were with full house, the tub was always full, overflowing water. Each time I needed to add water to tub, about 1/3 of total. Last party was only four people. About one or twice a week I find the PH low. I use test strips and it reads less than 6.2. The water has been in tub since Nov 1. I have not check total hardness. I was planning to change water before we go away in Feb. Any ideas about PH???

Thanks
john

Hot Tub Forum

Low PH last few weeks
« on: January 28, 2006, 03:59:34 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Low PH last few weeks
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 04:13:31 pm »
First..make sure your TA is in the proper range...at least 80...preferably 100-120 ppm.  Low TA will allow pH to drop.

Anything that enters your spa will have the capability of changing your pH whether it is chemicals, people, things, etc.  With a lot of use you may have to keep a closer eye on your levels.

If you use a Taylor test kit, the results are easier to read and there is a base and acid demand test for pH to tell you what is needed to get to the proper pH level.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Low PH last few weeks
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 04:13:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42